The Green Army! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Green Army!

C

Craig Wiseman

I was at the back of the away end today and the green army as always were brilliant.

But!

Did anybody else find that some of the chanting from the central lot at the back was just pathetic and almost embarrassing?! Jimmy saville chants? Really?
And yeah Steve Evans is a big old boy but I'd heard enough after the first thirty minutes! I almost moved down to the front of that stand!

Chanting, singing.....BRILLIANT!

But some of that today was disappointing in My opinion.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I don't get what Jimmy Savile's got to do with football? I heard Leeds fans singing about him against Sheff Wednesday and I could get it.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Liam Vercoe":1z1ct2xr said:
I don't get what Jimmy Savile's got to do with football? I heard Leeds fans singing about him against Sheff Wednesday and I could get it.

This is probably poisoned territory for me, but what the hell.

The number 15 for Rotherham came in for some stick because of a perceived resemblence to JS. Im guessing alive rather than dead.

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
tonycholwell":2s2rp7z7 said:
Liam Vercoe":2s2rp7z7 said:

The number 15 for Rotherham came in for some stick because of a perceived resemblence to JS. Im guessing alive rather than dead.

Pretty much this ^^^ no. 15 Ben Pringle had long blonde hair, he was also their man of the match IMHO the sponsors gave it to Kari Arnason who was ok but Pringle gave us all sorts of problems all over the pitch. He popped up on the left and right and even had a go through the middle occasionally. Very good player today.

Their was some banter from of our fans about him resembling a former Radio 1 DJ and that the DJ may be his father. It was all good humoured banter with no malice. Certainly didn't affect his performance. because as I said previously, he was by far their best player!

Dec 19, 2008
tonycholwell":3twsyw2a said:
Liam Vercoe":3twsyw2a said:

I do hope you went to the back of the stand and tutted at them very loudly indeed Tony. I also eagerly await your letter to the Lord Mayor of Rotherham.

May 19, 2010
indeed pringle may have seen the 'funny' side had he worked out it the saville dad singing was directed at him.

the WORST was the singing towards a rotherham fan about her having an STI & loose sexual morals.
quite disgusting really.

oh how the argyle fans cheered when she & her family got thrown out (maybe just asked to leave?) the ground.
quite disgusted with that episode.

C

Chris Easton

To be fair she was hardly a vision of grace and dignity, and besides, it was a particularly dull period of the match, it was something vaguely entertaining to watch over a bovril!

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Chris Easton":1590bils said:
To be fair she was hardly a vision of grace and dignity, and besides, it was a particularly dull period of the match, it was something vaguely entertaining to watch over a bovril!

But how does taking the pee out of some woman in the family stand encourage our team to play better?

You'll probably say it's only banter but I felt embarrassed to be associated with the cretins producing this rubbish.

David_Fisher":348ddrh8 said:
Chris Easton":348ddrh8 said:

But how does taking the pee out of some woman in the family stand encourage our team to play better?

You'll probably say it's only banter but I felt embarrassed to be associated with the cretins producing this rubbish.

I was sat down the front and oblivious to some of the chanting from the back TBH but I did notice some of the guys in the stand she was with giving it loads - they were hardly angels...

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
hairy j":2xudfivj said:
tonycholwell":2xudfivj said:
Liam Vercoe":2xudfivj said:

I do hope you went to the back of the stand and tutted at them very loudly indeed Tony. I also eagerly await your letter to the Lord Mayor of Rotherham.

Hairy, greetings.

I did not tut to anyone, mainly on the grounds that, no child was humiliated in the making of that chant, in facvt Im not sure anyone was offended. Unless you heard another one I missed.

As a consequence there will be no letter from me however, if there was, it would be addressed to the Mayor, not the Lord Mayor. Im sure if I had written it would have been to commiserate on having to host anotther BNP rally in their town.

Hope that helps.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
tonycholwell":1t8tbsdd said:
hairy j":1t8tbsdd said:
tonycholwell":1t8tbsdd said:
Liam Vercoe":1t8tbsdd said:

Hairy, greetings.

I did not tut to anyone, mainly on the grounds that, no child was humiliated in the making of that chant, in facvt Im not sure anyone was offended. Unless you heard another one I missed.

As a consequence there will be no letter from me however, if there was, it would be addressed to the Mayor, not the Lord Mayor. Im sure if I had written it would have been to commiserate on having to host anotther BNP rally in their town.

Hope that helps.

Tony - were you at the match? If so you could not have failed to hear the stuff being chanted by these morons. The mickey-taking of the blond player was the least of it.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I was David, I was near a lower exit on the far right hand side if you were looking from the pitch.

After the past week probably just as well I hadnt heard it, like other aspects of supporting Argyle some things now appear acceptable to many fans to my personal regret.

However, until enough people consider enough is enough it will continue.