The crisis at Bury | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The crisis at Bury

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Heathrow Green":84fixn04 said:
Keepitgreen":84fixn04 said:
The STAFF at Bury have used the club's website to announce that there's been an offer to buy the club and implore Dale to accept it as it has the full backing of the club's senior staff (the directors?) Surely as he only paid £1 for the club he should accept and disappear into the sunset.

I suspect that Bury will have a fourth game cancelled tomorrow morning and that Dale will dig his heels in even more. It even likely that the publisher of the article will be sacked.

Even if Dale finally sells, there is very, very little time to save Bury from being expelled.

Really feel for everyone at the club apart from Dale.
If he sells the buyer would need to have proof of funding, which would immediately stop Bury from being expelled as that's what's been requested from him to stop it from happening.

I don't think he's got any intention of selling though.

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Argy1e":1exjr31d said:

Sadly I have to agree and that is not good news at all for Bury.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Heathrow Green":38yjktu0 said:
Argy1e":38yjktu0 said:

Sadly I have to agree and that is not good news at all for Bury.

So, what is his motivation?
redevelopment?
What are his intentions?

All seems a bit weird to me.
Plenty of Brownfield sites to build on out there.
Why destroy a Founder Member club to make a few quid? Don't get it tbh!! :think:

Heathrow Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Pogleswoody":3inrivvd said:
So, what is his motivation?
redevelopment?
What are his intentions?

All seems a bit weird to me.
Plenty of Brownfield sites to build on out there.
Why destroy a Founder Member club to make a few quid? Don't get it tbh!! :think:

I’m not sure anyone other than Dale understands his motives. I can’t see anything in it. But then again I’m not a businessman so could be missing something obvious.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Simon Jordan the former Palace owner spoke to Dale last week.

Jordan - "Why don't you show the EFL the proof of funding that they require?"

Dale - "I don't have to, I have a business plan that'll work".

And that just confirms my belief there's no hope for them and they're going to the wall.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
It's all so sad. There's so much potential there - if Wigan, Blackburn, Burnley and Bolton can sustain Premier League football there's absolutely no reason why a town with the population (and relative prosperity) of Bury couldn't either. Indeed they're the only club to have played more than a thousand games in all four top divisions I believe.

I really hope there is some good news soon, although it looks more and more as though they need snookers to get out out of this one.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Fifth straight game (this time against Rotherham) now suspended with a decision on the one after that to be taken early next week.What an absolute farce this has turned into. :crazy:

May 22, 2006
Radio 5 came from Gigg Lane on Tuesday and mentioned a couple of times that Ryan Lowe was still owed £51k.

Makes you wonder if this was unpaid wages and were breach of contract and if it was necessary for Argyle to pay Bury anything for his services.

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Brussels Bureaucrat":3pwzqap5 said:
It's all so sad. There's so much potential there - if Wigan, Blackburn, Burnley and Bolton can sustain Premier League football there's absolutely no reason why a town with the population (and relative prosperity) of Bury couldn't either. Indeed they're the only club to have played more than a thousand games in all four top divisions I believe.

I really hope there is some good news soon, although it looks more and more as though they need snookers to get out out of this one.

Wigan and Blackburn had wealthy backers to help get there though. Bolton look to be in trouble now too and I'm not sure about Burnley.

I hope Bury can somehow get out of the mess though, such a shame after promotion last season. The league will have to decide fairly soon if they are to be expelled.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
From the interview I do worry if he's actually making any attempt to save the club, or whether he's going to stubbornly let it collapse to spite those who disagree with him.

May 22, 2006
Dale states that the club secretary will provide proof that Dawson has been paid.

Secretary then resigns.

Good grief. This man is actually dangerous.