That's it...! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

That's it...!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Pilgrim":3d0o7gaz said:
I didn't go last night either and i won't be going again until changes are made.

:facepalm:

I'm also fed up with the dire football but it doesn't stop me going. You don't boycott the football club you supposedly support because a poor run of form follows a great run of form.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
soccerpilgrim":20rlgbd4 said:
Pilgrim":20rlgbd4 said:
I didn't go last night either and i won't be going again until changes are made.

I'm also fed up with the dire football but it doesn't stop me going. You don't boycott the football club you supposedly support because a poor run of form follows a great run of form.
:iagree: If you glance at the form tables for last 10 games our end result is the same as Saffend and better than Northampton and Accrington and I can't see their fans crying out for the managers head. I'm slightly more concerned that Shots havn't lost in 3 and Barnet are the ''form'' team. :scarf:

Sep 2, 2008
Liam Vercoe":1nr19w9i said:
I'm genuinely confused people don't like Cole! (I'm beginning to sound like a fan boy, I know). I think that he's one of the best 'keepers in the league, I know he can't catch but if he could do you really think he'd be here? He'd be top end of League 1 maybe lower end Championship! He wasn't voted Barnet's player of the season twice (I think) for no reason! We're lucky to have him.

:crazy: A keeper that can't catch! Quality.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
jake Cole isn't anywhere near the worst keeper we've had. The problem is the rest of the squad. sadly they ain't good enough but one of the best players we have is cole. it says a lot, I rate Cole the same as sheff. a decent keeper but not the best in the division

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Kevin_Dacombe":r3bm3m5g said:
jake Cole isn't anywhere near the worst keeper we've had. The problem is the rest of the squad. sadly they ain't good enough but one of the best players we have is cole. it says a lot, I rate Cole the same as sheff. a decent keeper but not the best in the division

Cole in goalkeeper is good enough, Berry's on-form and also improving, Blanchard's consistent and comfortable at CB, Bhasera's perfect for this division and Lowry's another one who's technical ability has thoroughly impressed me (and the worries over speed and fitness will improve as he's just back from injury). I think that leaves another CB (Purse will do, or Curtis is also good), an LB, a RM (although Macca's a great signing in the meantime), another CM (we do have Wotton, Young, Hourihane and Copp, though) and two strikers (but Griffiths, Feeney, Madjo, Cowan-Hall and Chadwick can all score goals).

It sounds like a long way to go, and it is, but we have 8 or so players who must stay, because they're good enough for a promotion team.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Pottypilgrim":2bxbwfsp said:
Liam Vercoe":2bxbwfsp said:
I'm genuinely confused people don't like Cole! (I'm beginning to sound like a fan boy, I know). I think that he's one of the best 'keepers in the league, I know he can't catch but if he could do you really think he'd be here? He'd be top end of League 1 maybe lower end Championship! He wasn't voted Barnet's player of the season twice (I think) for no reason! We're lucky to have him.

:crazy: A keeper that can't catch! Quality.

A keeper that can save shots!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
soccerpilgrim":g4bbbu0v said:
Kevin_Dacombe":g4bbbu0v said:

Cole in goalkeeper is good enough, Berry's on-form and also improving, Blanchard's consistent and comfortable at CB, Bhasera's perfect for this division and Lowry's another one who's technical ability has thoroughly impressed me (and the worries over speed and fitness will improve as he's just back from injury). I think that leaves another CB (Purse will do, or Curtis is also good), an LB, a RM (although Macca's a great signing in the meantime), another CM (we do have Wotton, Young, Hourihane and Copp, though) and two strikers (but Griffiths, Feeney, Madjo, Cowan-Hall and Chadwick can all score goals).

It sounds like a long way to go, and it is, but we have 8 or so players who must stay, because they're good enough for a promotion team.

Cole is good enough - you're right
Berry's on-form and improving - you're right (but he still has a few lessons to learn)
Blanchard's consistent - hmmmm - not this season he hasn't been
Bhasera's perfect fot his division - I refer the honourable gentleman to exhibit A - Burton at home
Lowry, ... technical ability - you're right
Add that to your other comments and point out that Hourihane, Berry and Cole were signed by Reid and you're left with real concernes whether there is an easy fix.

BTW your list of players who can score goals needs to be reduced to Madjo, PCH and maybe Feeney.

Mar 23, 2008
Mark Pedlar":4necjmcx said:
soccerpilgrim":4necjmcx said:
Kevin_Dacombe":4necjmcx said:

Cole is good enough - you're right
Berry's on-form and improving - you're right (but he still has a few lessons to learn)
Blanchard's consistent - hmmmm - not this season he hasn't been
Bhasera's perfect fot his division - I refer the honourable gentleman to exhibit A - Burton at home
Lowry, ... technical ability - you're right
Add that to your other comments and point out that Hourihane, Berry and Cole were signed by Reid and you're left with real concernes whether there is an easy fix.

BTW you're list of players who can score goals needs to be reduced to Madjo, PCH and maybe Feeney.
Would also mention Nelson who didn't cover himself in glory for the goals but I thought he marshalled Calvin Zola very well the other night. Also had high hopes for Lowry and having seen him play nothing has changed my view. Just needs game time to get match fitness and get up to speed.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
You're right Iggy not only should there never be a free header, the ball shouldn't be allowed to be crossed with precision. Too quick to give away fouls and corners and too slow to react. Sure signs that the defensive coahing is poor, if it exists at all.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
But it's ok, fletch and co will watch the DVD back, identify the mistakes and make them again.

Nov 6, 2011
soccerpilgrim":pecb7rza said:
Pilgrim":pecb7rza said:

I'm not "boycotting" the club, so to speak, i've just lost all my enthusiasm for attending games at the moment. Fair play to you. You're braver than i am, and possibly richer too. £20 is a lot of money to spend on the patheic, inept displays we're being served up at the moment.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Mark Pedlar":1ymq1qdg said:
You're right Iggy not only should there never be a free header, the ball shouldn't be allowed to be crossed with precision. Too quick to give away fouls and corners and too slow to react. Sure signs that the defensive coahing is poor, if it exists at all.

In my opinion the defensive difference this season is down to Purse. I said last year that he should have been POTY - a fit Purse marshalling the defence was critical to our survival. Players like Blanchard and even Williams can look good - even be good - when they have that experience and ability around them.

Unfortunately this season Purse has been carrying that injury and not been the same player as a result. This has left him compensating for his own failings rather than doing his organisational role. Blanchard in particular has suffered without that support - and isn't a leader IMO (witness his rather feeble efforts to organise things against Burton).

I'm not trying to witchhunt particular players, merely highlighting a key difference from last year. At last Argyle seem to be trying to get Purse's injury sorted out properly - not a moment too soon, and perhaps we will once again see a better platform at the back.