That's it...! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

That's it...!

Apr 21, 2011
I don't post on here much but after tonight I feel compelled to. This is the worst team I've witnessesd in 23 years of going to HP. Everyone has to draw the line somewhere and me and the lad have now crossed that line. Last season was backs-to-the-wall as we battled in the storm. This year is just pathetic.

We won't be going again until Fletch has gone and Brent has a football man overseeing the club. Until then it's just a waste of time.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
BadBoy":cko4muby said:
Not sure about worst team, but close to our worst Goalkeeper.
Voted player of the month for a reason. Without him we could/should have lost 4/5 more games.

It makes rough reading but although he is to blame for last nights defeat, he hasn't to blame single handily for our league standing.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I'm genuinely confused people don't like Cole! (I'm beginning to sound like a fan boy, I know). I think that he's one of the best 'keepers in the league, I know he can't catch but if he could do you really think he'd be here? He'd be top end of League 1 maybe lower end Championship! He wasn't voted Barnet's player of the season twice (I think) for no reason! We're lucky to have him.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Well said Tuggers. Cole has kept us in enough games to warrant costing us a point or two. As for worst team in 30+ years, this isn't even the worst team in the last 2 seasons, although the circumstances and expectations are very different.

Aug 19, 2009
Tugboat":2pmwyxaa said:
BadBoy":2pmwyxaa said:
Voted player of the month for a reason. Without him we could/should have lost 4/5 more games.

It makes rough reading but although he is to blame for last nights defeat, he hasn't to blame single handily for our league standing.

:iagree:

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
If Cole learned how to catch crosses rather than punch constantly he'd be playing a lot higher than League 2.

Had a good season so far, everyone has a bad game once in a while... just highlighted more as he's in goal.

T

t._green

Dalton Is God":1g97ypf8 said:
If Cole learned how to catch crosses rather than punch constantly he'd be playing a lot higher than League 2.

Had a good season so far, everyone has a bad game once in a while... just highlighted more as he's in goal.

Unfortunately, if the keeper makes a mistake the chances are he's picking it out of the net, that doesn't make Jake a bad keeper overnight. Let's just call it a aberration, get off the lad's back and move on. We all make em, and as the saying goes those that don't never did anything.

May 3, 2009
perlymuff
How can anyone claim this isn't the worst Argyle side ever?? Even in the dark, depressing Hodges era of the late 90's there was the occasional player who would get you excited, McGregor springs to mind, in my opinion there is no one now who gets you out of your seat at all

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
NLM FC":2dq0dyj5 said:
How can anyone claim this isn't the worst Argyle side ever?? Even in the dark, depressing Hodges era of the late 90's there was the occasional player who would get you excited, McGregor springs to mind, in my opinion there is no one now who gets you out of your seat at all
Dont know about that, Chadders gets me out of my seat, and straight for the exit. :lol:

Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Tugboat":2vishdb7 said:
BadBoy":2vishdb7 said:

Well said Tugboat

To lay the blame on Cole is crazy

He won us a point sigle handed at Dagernham as the only player on the pitch to come off with any credit :clap: :clap:

There are probably 2or 3 other games where he has kept us in a game for a draw or a win

Badboy, there are much better examples to choose to explain the situation Argyle are currently in

COYG

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Jake also made one of the greatest saves I've ever seen live at Wycombe not so long ago.

I think he's a cracking keeper, particularly given the level we're playing at - & yes I know that's a touch damning him with faint praise - but if he was as good in the air as he is at shot stopping, he wouldn't be here.

As a retired member of the goalkeepers union (but still eyeing a return at 45 yrs) I admire him greatly. Interestingly his strengths & weaknesses are similar to Ro's.....