That defeat today means... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

That defeat today means...

B

bugbug93

we haven't won a fa cup game since the 2006/07 season when we got into the quarter finals. Thats 6 seasons without a cup win! Maybe we just aren't a cup team!

G

GreenMill

Not quite. We last won an FA Cup game in the 3rd round of the 2007/2008 season. 3-2 against Hull at home.
Still, a dreadful record, which included us losing two FA Cup games in the same year..2010..

Mar 7, 2009
How can it have lost 50k it didn't have?

By your reasoning Damon, the staff fund has lost out on £5 million on not winning the FA Cup.

We got an additional £60k from the TV rights, which is more than we would have got so I guess the staff/GT's are very grateful.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I consider it a loss of money from round 2. We should be able to convincingly beat a blue square south team. I'd fine all but 2 players a weeks wages for yesterday's cluster.

fudging poor excuse for footballers.

D

Damon.Lenszner

PP - when we drew Dorchester did you not expect us to comfortably beat a team over 40 places below us in the football ladder? Did you honestly expect that we would have seen no improvement from last years debacle that was Stourbridge? When we all watched the draw for the second round yesterrday and got paired with more non league non entities who amonst us could not see us in the third round and hoping the Footballgods could give us trip to Old Trafford.
Is your expectation so liw PP? If it is you are getting what you expect.

If, as we should have, we won yezterday we would have won £50k for the staff fund. By losing the match we lost the prize on offer.

Mar 7, 2009
No I didn't. It's the FA Cup. The so called 'magic of the cup' also saw Colchester, Swindon and Torquay crash out to non leaguers.

Perhaps expecting to win like yourself if what cost the players too.

Dec 19, 2008
pilgrim_pete":3nglsiws said:
No I didn't. It's the FA Cup. The so called 'magic of the cup' also saw Colchester, Swindon and Torquay crash out to non leaguers.

Perhaps expecting to win like yourself if what cost the players too.

If you don't expect to beat a team like Dorchester Town, there's something very, very wrong indeed. Their previous game they lost to a team called Tonbridge Angels. We should have won yesterday.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Damon.Lenszner":1d9brn9e said:
PP - when we drew Dorchester did you not expect us to comfortably beat a team over 40 places below us in the football ladder? Did you honestly expect that we would have seen no improvement from last years debacle that was Stourbridge? When we all watched the draw for the second round yesterrday and got paired with more non league non entities who amonst us could not see us in the third round and hoping the Footballgods could give us trip to Old Trafford.
Is your expectation so liw PP? If it is you are getting what you expect.

If, as we should have, we won yezterday we would have won £50k for the staff fund. By losing the match we lost the prize on offer.
100% correct - an amazing opportunity lost

Mar 23, 2008
Greenblooded1":13ds61ww said:
It means we've lost >£100,000 of income from the next round for starters.
Whilst losing league games may not hurt JB, loosing this income surely will. It doesn't matter what industry you're in, a poor manager will lose a business owner money.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
In the words of the great Cloughie

''... you expect to beat every team you play ... '' BUT sometimes you don't .
''... you expect to play well in every game .. '' BUT sometimes you don't
''... you expect to win the league .. '' BUT sometimes you don't
''... you expect to win the cup... '' BUT sometimes you don't

I agree we are hurting like hell but so are Torqueer and Swindoom and Shrewsbury. It feels worse because we have had a very indifferent 12 months. If we had finished last season in 10th place and this season were setting the league alight and top by a country mile then we would be hurting BUT by now we would be over it with ''these things happen so move on''

If Stoke or Wigan had lost in the cup to Portsmouth at Fratton Park then, sure, headline stuff but by now it would be history. Losing to a team 2 leagues below can be worse ... a lot worse!!!!!!
Hereford vs Newcastle
Sutton vs Coventry
Colchester vs Leeds

when the 3 away teams were in the (Prem) and certainly in the case of Leeds and Newcastle doing well. Move on and look forward to Wednesday.