Thanks for reminding us greens on screen | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thanks for reminding us greens on screen

A

argyle dude

On this day...

2009: Plymouth was announced as one of 12 selected cities in England's bid to host the World Cup in 2018, including the promise of a brand new 44,000 stadium at Home Park. Nearly 12 months later the bid was rejected by FIFA's voting committee in favour of Russia.

Oh how times change :sigh:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I taste sick in my mouth when I read that.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Also, the Exeter game was the 5th anniversary of one of our best away wins in the Championship - anyone remember that Watford game? :sigh:

Jan 27, 2012
When a minority of people on PASOTI smelt a rat and suggested that a 44,000 stadium was a ridiculous idea for a club like Argyle, people were shooting them down in flames saying they were "backwards thinking" etc. Anyone who criticised the new world were idiots. Stapleton was a thing of the past- Gardner and Todd were leading us onwards.

Then when it all went mammaries up the PASOTI concensus was that it was mostly Stapleton's fault for some reason i can never quite get my head around.

Nowadays it's "wrong" to say anything against James Brent, even the slightest bit of criticism.

Anyway- I'm glad England lost the World Cup bid because I think Argyle would have been destroyed with those new world idiots in charge.