Swapping DE to BPE and vice versa. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Swapping DE to BPE and vice versa.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Listening to how loud the boos were near the tunnel only proves the theory that the away fans have the definite advantage.

Add this to the fact that the Far Post Club will be right in the corner next season, it just makes even more sense for PAFC to do the swap next season.

If we stay up, anything like bad news will be gobbled up in the euphoria of staying up, if we get relegated everyone will be on a downer in any case.

Plus of course, the away fans (more important if we do stay up, as Everton and Man City will bring 1000s) can get away far easier and safer being right theire for the away coaches.

Jan 12, 2020
Nope, no, terrible idea!

TBH, I do understand some of the argument you lay out, however I feel it is always better for a home side to have both areas behind the goals filled with their own fans. Away fans should be put in a corner, either under the video screen in the zoo corner or between the Lyndhurst and Demport. It would also mean Argyle fans on either side of them too. Personally the zoo corner would be the better option as there are fewer long-term season ticket holders in that area to move.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Listening to how loud the boos were near the tunnel only proves the theory that the away fans have the definite advantage.

Add this to the fact that the Far Post Club will be right in the corner next season, it just makes even more sense for PAFC to do the swap next season.

If we stay up, anything like bad news will be gobbled up in the euphoria of staying up, if we get relegated everyone will be on a downer in any case.

Plus of course, the away fans (more important if we do stay up, as Everton and Man City will bring 1000s) can get away far easier and safer being right theire for the away coaches.
I think Man City are safe mate.

Andy in Peverell

🚑 Steve Hooper
Sep 15, 2009
Peverell
Everything you say makes perfect sense from a practical perspective.
It’s common sense and would make much improved facilities available to more home fans.

HOWEVER from an emotional point of view it’s a big no from me.
The Devonport End has always been our home end and it should stay that way.
Totally irrational though that is.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Everything you say makes perfect sense from a practical perspective.
It’s common sense and would make much improved facilities available to more home fans.

HOWEVER from an emotional point of view it’s a big no from me.
The Devonport End has always been our home end and it should stay that way.
Totally irrational though that is.

We in the 60s and 70s frequented the real DE, when Dan gave us the fun size version in the 80s, we all took to the Lyndy. It only really came back in 2002 when the horseshoe came into play,so it's not so enshrined in our history as some make out.

I do get it though, but our way of operating is to push corporate offerings and the better we can make it work, the more money we'll make for the club to spend on the team.

Jan 11, 2017
Before getting my demport end st this season I ended up buying various seats at the BPE and hated it. You get the sun on you for 90 minutes and can’t see when we are attacking the demport end or the wind and rain leaves you soaked anything below row F. Sorry ijn leave the demport alone but by all means stick the away fans in a corner somewhere to give us the advantage at the tunnel when the teams come in and go out

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I suppose for exiting reasons, it would either be LM West or the Spion Kop (if the were allowed out of the big vomitory)

The Pasty Kid

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Logistical nightmare for the rest of us. The sun in the eyes argument is strong, but I also picked block 10 to have us play in front of me attacking in the half in the second half of games. I don't really want to be near away fans. I imagine most people in the ground have picked seats based on some variation of view, proximity to our/their fans, and where the action is likely to be at different times. I see the argument and Ian is right.. in the 80s and 90s the hardcore were in Zoo Corner, not the Devonport - but leave well alone imo

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
The best solution would be to have the Green Army behind both goals, and the away fans somewhere else in the stadium.

But where would be the best place?
the equivalent of where some other clubs put the away fans would be Zoo corner and a bit of BP and Lyndy which I assume would not be acceptable.