Sunderland playing Accrington next season | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland playing Accrington next season

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
andyr1963":gpcnrvl4 said:
]An awful club getting their just deserts. I wish Chris Coleman all the best on cleaning up the club and getting them back on track, but until then I'll revel in their fall from grace.

Seems a bit harsh. They've been badly mismanaged at boardroom level, but I'm not sure the supporters deserve all that.

A

andyr1963

Harsh? Not sure, The Chief Executive did not act alone, it was discussed at the highest level.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... dam-johns/

I accept an innocent until proven guilty stance, but a suspended pending further enquiry would have been far more appropriate.
Executive decision? maybe, but one that was discussed both at high level and throughout the club.
As I remember the fans spoke out in favour of suspension in Talk Sport interviews.

As for hierarchy football management, the decisions to hire and fire a long list of some good and admittedly some bad appointments (Employing a known fascist sympathiser! Really!)

Feel sorry for the fans, the club will come back, hopefully cleaner and wiser, until then, in a couple of years you could entertain Gateshead. :greensmile:

Edit: Because I can't spell Cheif :greensmile:

A

andyr1963

So much for the above. Chris Coleman sacked this afternoon :shock:
You couldn't make it up. :doh:

So the comedy club of the north east stagger on.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
andyr1963":248huxpv said:
So much for the above. Chris Coleman sacked this afternoon :shock:
You couldn't make it up. :doh:

So the comedy club of the north east stagger on.
Club has also been sold and Ellis Short has wiped out all of the debt. Could have been worse.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
pedro91":3jtl2t3k said:
I think Sunderland will be hot favourites to go straight back up

To be honest I think they’d do better to stay in the championship for a couple of seasons to purge that god awful squad of high earning journey men.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":1waf2wi2 said:
pedro91":1waf2wi2 said:

To be honest I think they’d do better to stay in the championship for a couple of seasons to purge that god awful squad of high earning journey men.
They're in League 1 next season. :)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Keepitgreen":se7bw8uy said:
Tugboat":se7bw8uy said:
pedro91":se7bw8uy said:

They're in League 1 next season. :)

Yeah that’s what I meant :lol:

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I'm sure I heard Mickey Gray on Talksport last week saying that from a financial point of view, the club has no choice but to be promoted next season. I'm sure the bookies will have them as favourites to win the league but I really can't see it being that easy for them!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The-Pilgrim":2nthliq4 said:
I'm sure I heard Mickey Gray on Talksport last week saying that from a financial point of view, the club has no choice but to be promoted next season. I'm sure the bookies will have them as favourites to win the league but I really can't see it being that easy for them!
I think Gray is just doing anything to try and stay relevant. A week ago he said this takeover was actually bad news for Sunderland and now he's come out saying the future is looking really bright if they appoint Wilder.

Difficult to tell how the summer is going to go, but Sunderland should go back up. Their youth players who are coming through would walk in to most League One sides and if they can keep hold of them they've got every chance. Sounds like McNair might stay and that would be huge because he's good enough to play in the Premier League, Watmore potentially too who I'd say is a top end Championship player. As I say, it's difficult to tell how the summer is going to go but they could easily walk the league next season if they get it right.