Stoke post-match round up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke post-match round up

Feb 6, 2023
$$ like said in previous post knew all our strengths and weaknesses, however as with most games this season we we’re playing against 12 men, the ref today was another home ref. I just hope that Blackburn do us a favour tomorrow, and then we need one point to stay in the championship. I just hope who every becomes manager next season hopefully in this league brings some fresh ideas to combat the weakness we currently have.

Sep 28, 2022
It's not just weekness we have on the field, we have no manager and no, it would appear, new investment. Obviously potential investors, if indeed there are any, are presumably waiting to see what league we are in before committing themselves. The lack of serious money within the club is painfully obvious and presumably Whitticker will be sold in the summer in order to generate money for mid season decisions on and off the field. To be honest, all I can see for next season, if we do stay up, is relegation. I, m sorry to be such a misery but who can honestly see anything else. Enjoy the end of this season if possible because it will probably be the pinnacle of our success for the foreseeable future. What a wonderful prospect. Enjoy!!!. Coygs!!!.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
If a certain person was not the manager of the opponent that totally did a number on us would the emotions be the same
We all know the limitations we have with our squad & our budget
This league is brutal & we have been on a steep learning curve all season but our players for all their perceived limitations give their all
We have not been in the bottom 3 all season
Now that we are at the business end of the season our goal difference is better than the teams around us & some of the teams below us need considerable goal swings
Some can point the finger at where they perceive our failings are but our Custodian & the hierarchy are fully aware of what is required in personnel for us to be more competitive in the Championship if we secure our place
21st was my prediction of where we would finish this season - if we achieve it it will feel as though we have won the lottery

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
It's not just weekness we have on the field, we have no manager and no, it would appear, new investment. Obviously potential investors, if indeed there are any, are presumably waiting to see what league we are in before committing themselves. The lack of serious money within the club is painfully obvious and presumably Whitticker will be sold in the summer in order to generate money for mid season decisions on and off the field. To be honest, all I can see for next season, if we do stay up, is relegation. I, m sorry to be such a misery but who can honestly see anything else. Enjoy the end of this season if possible because it will probably be the pinnacle of our success for the foreseeable future. What a wonderful prospect. Enjoy!!!. Coygs!!!.
WHITTAKER. Here to help.

Reactions: Jon with no H
Sep 28, 2022
WHITTAKER. Here to help.
He has been wonderful for us this season but is obviously struggling over the last few games, maybe fatigue, different coaching approaches etc, I know not. But it is surely obvious that in today's situation in our club, our best chance of survival is to sell in order to reinforce and reinvest in tomorrow's Whitticker and so on and so on. Here's hoping

Reactions: greengodwin
Apr 11, 2023
Worst Argyle game since Foster and away game I've been to this season (missed Bristol City) as never looked like getting back into the game. I just think tactically oustmarted and the occasion got to them. Whittaker and Hardie look done for this season and have been for a few games (not enough rotation).

Reactions: PutneyPete

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London

Again, the ‘I could have been sacked at Argyle, so me leaving is fine’ narrative, when Simon Hallett made it totally clear his job was safe (and unlike other owners, actually meant it).

And doesn’t address the shocking timing either.

Reactions: Justin
May 21, 2018
Stoke won through high intensity rather than skill which has our bogey this season (even against Rotherham first time around). Schumacher brought in five fresh players and we made one through injury. They then harried us and got three or four players supporting each attack. As in League One we need to develop a 'b' team 'harriers' that can slot in and increase our intensity too.

Sep 27, 2003
Paris
We played well first half. Could have scored a couple. The fight was there, we conceded two and it knocked the confidence out of us. Read some absolute rubbish about the players, the pressure told in the 2nd half. We have a small squad, they are doing their best. Forshaw injury was a big blow. Stoke are using our strategy for players and they would have been playing for us instead of scoring against us if Schuey had stayed. The players need support