Stand-up for the Green Army | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stand-up for the Green Army

Feb 15, 2005
Just watching the Stoke Wolves game on ESPN and the commentator announced that Wolves only sold 900 out of their 2700 allocation for a 35 mile trip. I salute the Green Army that was probably of the order of 1500 strong yesterday, I realise the Wolves game is on TV live but a distinct lack of commitment for a Premier team.

Take a bow you superb committed supporters and if we had had a bigger allocation perhaps the figure may have been nearer 2000 for a 170 mile each way trip. I am basically a home fan with a very rare away venture but perhaps we deserve a better team in time, Mr Brent?

May 14, 2004
PLYMOUTH
Yes our support is second to none in my eyes, that crap up the road took a massive 185 to scunthorpe, oh and Fulham took a whole 250 away today, like I say we are a class above :cool:

Nov 8, 2010
In fairness, Wolves and the crap team up the road with the cravat-wearing manager are now dead and buried, which'll lower gates.

Fulham on the other hand have always had an embarrassing away following to go with their muted home following.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Yesterday the support was really fantastic. Looking from the temporary stand it really did seem as though the lower tier of the Cargill side wasnt full and maybe Hereford could have sold us a few more tickets so I do feel sorry for anyone that missed the game through not having a ticket. All in all, the spirit in the stands is so much different since things off the field took a turn for the better. There were fractious atmospheres at Crawley and Stourbridge (wasnt at the latter but by all accounts), but at Bradford, Accy, Macc and yesterday the Green Army felt as much a close knit harmonious family as it has for a long, long time...now lets take 3000 to Swindon

A

argyle dude

up_the_line":2btrgeqw said:
it really did seem as though the lower tier of the Cargill side wasnt full and maybe Hereford could have sold us a few more tickets so I do feel sorry for anyone that missed the game through not having a ticket.

I was in the terracing section and it could have comfortabley held twice as many people with room to spare and probably held three times as many people properly packed in.

Aug 10, 2006
John Clark":2pb1m5qw said:
Yes our support is second to none in my eyes, that crap up the road took a massive 185 to scunthorpe, oh and Fulham took a whole 250 away today, like I say we are a class above :cool:
fulham have always had poo away support funnily enough i was watching an old big match from 1983 fulham were at oldham in the old 2nd division and they had about 150 there mind you southampton were at forest and they only had about 300.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
I agree with all of this, but if we had been as dead and buried as Wolves are, we would have taken only 300/400 to Hereford, in my opinion....

Wolves fans are normally pretty loyal. On each visit to home park that I can remember they've brought at least 1600, often more than 2,000.

argylepaul

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jul 15, 2008
Bromley
Bezza":36bzhmzb said:
I agree with all of this, but if we had been as dead and buried as Wolves are, we would have taken only 300/400 to Hereford, in my opinion....

Wolves fans are normally pretty loyal. On each visit to home park that I can remember they've brought at least 1600, often more than 2,000.
To be fair, Wolves are in the Premier League - 3 divisions higher than Argyle, and get crowds of 26,000 - well over 3x more than we do. Also Wolverhampton is only 34 miles from Stoke-on-Trent, so taking that into account, your argument doesn't stand up. Wolves fans don't appear to be that loyal either. Whenever I saw them on TV, with McCarthy in charge, they were jabbing their fingers at him when things weren't going well at home, dribbling on like big babies, sulking and leaving in their droves just because they were losing, and that attitude is reflected in their pathetic turn-out yesterday. If they had won at Stoke, they would have been 3 points off safety, so there it was not a foregone conclusion.
With a 26,000 average crowd, you would expect at least 5% of that average to travel 34 miles to see them...but they didn't. Argyle's away support is brilliant.

Jun 24, 2008
Maybe this is the proof we need, not that we're good supporters cause we all know the fan base this club has considering our troubled times and how we came through it. But this is proof that we believe that we can stay up. We're having a good run of form of late at a vital point in our season, yes maybe we should've done better but its the way our seasons gone, and the players have come up trumps recently and so have we so maybe we finally are united in belief that we can stay up this season and start a fresh. At a difficult time im pretty proud of our fans, players and manager. Obviously these crowds prove that more people feel the same and Brent must be feeling pretty optimistic about the chance he took too.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
Was reading Dave Smith's Promotion Diary recently (happy days...). Away at Wolves won 3-0 crowd about 3000. Loyal my rear end big time Charlies more like

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
GM Vauxhall":1tq4zlrq said:
Was reading Dave Smith's Promotion Diary recently (happy days...). Away at Wolves won 3-0 crowd about 3000. Loyal my rear end big time Charlies more like

I was there, the Wolves fans singing "You've never been to Wembley" we relied with "We've never lost at Wembley". Think that was the match supporters coach got bricked, we came back in a gale force wind?

Dec 20, 2011
Possible ( more definate) Prem teams playing at St Marys tonight and the support is dire.....Reading support not half as noisy as us up there..... :silent: oh wishful thinking eh??