Songo'o to Scunthorpe? (confirmed, 1 year deal) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Songo'o to Scunthorpe? (confirmed, 1 year deal)

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Tbh out of all the centre backs currently at the club Songo would have been a starter for me
Think it may just have been circumstance that Wootton and Canavan will need paying off where Yann is out of contract
Also versatile player would have been good for league 2 and could have looked after some of the youngsters

Apr 4, 2004
From what I have seen of the Lowe system, there is no way on earth Yann could play in his team. He has impressive amounts of blood and snotters, heart and all of that side of the game. In possession he's not good enough. His passing can be poor. I can't see how you'd get away with having those deficiencies and play the kind of possession football Lowe is aiming for. Don't they all have to be good on the ball? Any not good on the ball would be targeted, and therefore be a liability. I reckon Yann is good enough at this level and perhaps the one above, but in a very different system.

May 8, 2011
PMPilgrim":1href4lr said:
Well, he was essentially released by a relegated League 1 club and the best deal he could find was with another relegated team from the same division.

Great heart and determination but that should be a given from all the players.

He is a division 4 player. Tries hard, not much talent, prone to make massive mistakes.

I hope he plays at centre half against us. :)

Just makes me wonder why he would rather walk away without the guarantee of a job than sign the contract offered by Argyle.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
HC Green":k0veql04 said:
Just makes me wonder why he would rather walk away without the guarantee of a job than sign the contract offered by Argyle.
Money probably.

May 8, 2011
Argylegames":3c4gbxf4 said:
HC Green":3c4gbxf4 said:
Money probably.

What unemployment was a better option than the pay at Argyle?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
HC Green":7m9xx46z said:

If you think the money offered you is derisory compared with your self-worth they why wouldn't you look elsewhere?

Aug 5, 2016
HC Green":sldmjgvb said:
Argylegames":sldmjgvb said:
HC Green":sldmjgvb said:
Money probably.

Confident of his market value and confident he'd get a better deal elsewhere.

Hartley, Nelson, Reuben Reid all did the same.

Aug 3, 2017
Considering how long he was unemployed prior to joining us...I do not think he’s frightened of being out of work. At least not while he is looking.

Songo’o is the type of player anyone needs 1 of. A backs to the wall, full blooded, heart on sleeve player. But he did lack composure, lack passing and close ball control hence some of his gaffs. But I wish him all the best. He will suit certain systems. I really do not think he could ever suit Lowe’s preferred style of play.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
HC Green":g3xkf7k2 said:
Argylegames":g3xkf7k2 said:
HC Green":g3xkf7k2 said:
Money probably.

Mischief?

Firstly Songo'o the player is/was as honest as they come. But he was clearly very limited and had some truly awful games as an Argyle player to the point that people around me were laughing. These occasions get clouded by the grit and determination he showed that made him stand out in a badly underperfoming team. I suspect the offer was relevant to his type of player in the 4th tier.

Secondly, was he not DA's man? I'm sure you would know. Allowed to train with the squad for some months before signing on. Unemployed presumably ....

Thirdly, you know full well he would not remain unemployed, regardless of what standard of club he achieved.