Something to aspire to | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Something to aspire to

Aug 5, 2015
I think Ampadu is a bit of a red herring. He’s the son of a former footballer who works for Exeter. The young Ampadu was only their because his dad was there. If he’s dad had been working somewhere else that’s where he would have been

Aug 26, 2011
I am surprised at you Mr IJN - I would have thought any Argyle fan would welcome and be delighted if our academy produced 16 players who are genuinely good enough for the first team squad. Isn't that why you regularly provide financial support for the academy???? And with our extra resources I'd hope we would keep hold of a few.

After siting in their stands four times for our games up at there I hate them bunch of northern blunts more than they hate us, but credit where credit is due and they are hardly struggling in their league and could yet swap places with us this end of this season.

They have regularly produced league standard footballers, sales amounting to millions, and it is more than a cyclical thing as previously suggested on here. At the U18s cup game their players had heart and GPS monitors on which is embracing modern technology whilst our apprentices still spend an hour a day cleaning toilets at Homepark, and we loose a genuinely impressive coach like Aaron Cussack.

I knew Kentish would bite as he does every time. Yes Ampadu was a special talent and stood out a mile as an 8 year old. Yes his father was a pro footballer who played twice for Arsenal and 6 times on loan for us, but the majority of the rest of his career was spent in 3rd and 4th divisions. Don't we have the son of a pro footballer whose dad played at a similar level, but there is no chance he will be playing for Chelsea any time soon, so don't see your point.

The simple fact is they develop their players to maximise and enhance their natural ability. The facts speak for themselves. Harvey, Rooney, Battle, Flectcher, etc etc would have been better players had they gone through the Exeter system.

I am waiting your reply Kentish, but it really is time your pulled your head out of the sand and accepted the facts that do not lie.

Missing your comments M.M.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Balham_Green":7wqj5tpr said:
Kentishgreen":7wqj5tpr said:
It appears to have become a Pasoti fact that the manager is not interested in our young players. As the above article states he has given debuts to 11 youngsters in the last three years. How many more do you want exactly?
The really sad thing is that apart from Ben Purrington none of them have gone on to establish themselves in the first team squad. They have to be good enough and being local is not necessarily good enough.

Yes but the question is why havent they been good enough. Why are we not finding the likes of Ampadu? I know that's an extreme example but I would like to know the history on that one. Comments above about them looking like toothpaste, deckchairs etc are just childish.

I think it may have something to do with Premiership clubs poaching youngsters from the SW early. There are a lot of Premier talent scouts down here by all accounts.