Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Someone new at the club? (Andrew Parkinson - confirmed)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Parkinson had a major role in hospitality and customer experience at Liverpool, especially when the new stand opened so it's a real surprise the club haven't announced him arriving at Argyle because he is a big 'signing' for us.

More info on him here and here

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
rdr123":g4914yli said:
The Doctor":g4914yli said:
I’d say that the club values now include:
- community
- inclusivity
- sustainability
- realism

What about playing like a bunch of clowns and losing every game?

I'm not sure if it was meant to, but that made I larf. It certainly seems to be a core value in 2018.

Apr 30, 2017
PL2 3DQ":2dk86rqd said:
Parkinson had a major role in hospitality and customer experience at Liverpool, especially when the new stand opened so it's a real surprise the club haven't announced him arriving at Argyle because he is a big 'signing' for us.

Just read the words "fans first" and "promoting diversity". And immediately said to me this a sound appointment. Didn't Hallett "hint" a new directer was coming on board soon at the Fans Forum.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":stmns89m said:

So what attracts him to our club? He has the chance to build from scratch so a massive opportunity to reinforce his reputation. Wonder if there is more though? I would assume his salary at LFC would be quite a bit more than we can offer?

Interesting though at time when there are quite few suggestions we won't attract players but have off the field attracted a man with experience at a top club in English football. Hopefully the club will say more soon.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Can he manage a squad of footballers?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
It seems our future is corporate and hospitality events who cares about the football.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
dunlop":3cw6l8f3 said:
It seems our future is corporate and hospitality events who cares about the football.
My thinking as well...we are now into the community and then corporate hospitality and safe family areas...the board seem to have taken their eye off the main point of going to HP in the first place..

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
dunlop":2dbpd0cc said:

I think the view is that the club are trying to build a sustainable revenue stream by having better corporate and hospitality will in turn help the football through having more money.

I agree with this philosophy. We can spend money on players which may or may not pay off, but investing in guaranteed revenue streams will help us in the long term.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
JannerinCardiff":2e54i4i9 said:
dunlop":2e54i4i9 said:

I think the view is that the club are trying to build a sustainable revenue stream by having better corporate and hospitality will in turn help the football through having more money.

I agree with this philosophy. We can spend money on players which may or may not pay off, but investing in guaranteed revenue streams will help us in the long term.

Fewer people will be inclined to do corporate with little known teams in division 2 so not a great revenue stream there.plus on non match days how many people are going to troop up to HP and hold an event,very few apart from dog walkers....all pie n the sky...meanwhile take a look at our league position....

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
oddball":t1jg3swy said:
JannerinCardiff":t1jg3swy said:
dunlop":t1jg3swy said:

Fewer people will be inclined to do corporate with little known teams in division 2 so not a great revenue stream there.plus on non match days how many people are going to troop up to HP and hold an event,very few apart from dog walkers....all pie n the sky...meanwhile take a look at our league position....

It doesn’t matter what division Argyle play in for the conference facilities to be a success.. it’s about the quality and size of the facilities which I think will be the biggest south west (not including Bristol) I’m sure there are plenty of companies that would want to use facilities of this size. Also Weddings Would bring income.

May 16, 2016
oddball":31fbv3x3 said:
JannerinCardiff":31fbv3x3 said:
dunlop":31fbv3x3 said:

The new bloke who was at Liverpool and the Shard seems to think it worth trooping all the way down here for. Regardless of our current League position.

Guiri Green":1uh9pads said:
oddball":1uh9pads said:
JannerinCardiff":1uh9pads said:
dunlop":1uh9pads said:

The new bloke who was at Liverpool and the Shard seems to think it worth trooping all the way down here for. Regardless of our current League position.

100%. agree. He also has to compete with locals who are stuck in their ways and have no idea how the big wide world outside Plymouth works. They seem to think only one area can be tackled at any point in time. "We need points. so let's close the shop and concentrate on football instead of retail".

Give the guy a chance, for God's sake.

That said, I'm surprised the club haven't announced it.

(ps. loving that I cant see responses from the usual sarcastic mammaries now that I've blocked them. Happy Christmas indeed!)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So is there any formal announcement on this guy?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It could be that a formal announcement is seen to be bad PR and would be pounced upon by people as putting hospitality over football, as evidenced by some of the idiotic replies on this thread. To be fair, a big ‘signing’ announcement like this as the transfer window is opening, would go down like a lead balloon.

This guy looks to have serious pedigree though, to the extent that I’m not sure how the hell we’ve managed to get hold of him.

Can we just fast forward 9 months to a finished grandstand and a League 1 football team please? This season has been a bloody nightmare.