Sky live Championship games 2023/2024 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sky live Championship games 2023/2024

Oct 31, 2022
Sort of related to this thread, but why did we have the extra pitch side cameras at the game yesterday, despite not being on TV?

I assumed perhaps we were the host stadium for the EFL Highlights Show on ITV again, but we weren't.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sort of related to this thread, but why did we have the extra pitch side cameras at the game yesterday, despite not being on TV?

I assumed perhaps we were the host stadium for the EFL Highlights Show on ITV again, but we weren't.

The game was selected for international coverage, hence more cameras and a broadcast lorry near the Lyndhurst stand.

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Postey, out of interest, approximately how much extra revenue have Leeds earned from Sky having had 6 home games and 10 away games televised? Must be a considerable amount and a boost to their transfer window capabilities and over and above ours.

Oct 31, 2022
Postey, out of interest, approximately how much extra revenue have Leeds earned from Sky having had 6 home games and 10 away games televised? Must be a considerable amount and a boost to their transfer window capabilities and over and above ours.

I think it's about £900K.

If my figures of £100K at home and £30K away are correct, that is.

Nov 18, 2011
16 out of 28 Leeds games have been on the telly, probably more than when they were in the Premier League!

They've had 14 home games so far meaning someone with a Sky subscription will have been able to watch more Leeds games than a fan with a season ticket!

• Wow
Reactions: Argyleloyal

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
On top of their parachute payments, it's crazy how uneven the playing field is in the Championship.

Could get even worse if the changes go ahead

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
I think it's about £900K.

If my figures of £100K at home and £30K away are correct, that is.

Cheers for the figures. So, assuming they are right, the extra TV payments Leeds have received so far is just short of our record transfer fee we paid for MW o_O, and we still have nearly half a season to go. It's all NUTS!

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Maybe we should feel privileged that they have picked us on 17/02/24
Oops i forgot - they have only picked us because of who we are playing
Hope they don't suffer nosebleeds travelling all the way to deepest, darkest Devon

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010

It's difficult to work out because home clubs receive different amounts for Friday or Monday night live TV games compared to Saturday or Sunday lunchtime or evening games.
But as mentioned it's between £30,000 and £100,000 per game depending on the timings.

For the away club I think it's £10,000 across the board.
Sky are very reluctant to give definite figures.

Reactions: Hores Everywhere

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I’m not sure why any of this is news. Sky is a business and will want to draw the biggest attendance for their product. It’s no different to Pasoti looking to increase online footfall to generate more advertising revenue. There’s a contractual minimum but outside of that they can (and as a business, should) do what they can to boost revenue.

What would be interesting is to see viewing figures for each match covered so far to see if there is any discrepancy, but I’m pretty sure Sky will know which side their bread is buttered.

Real class of 92

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Nov 12, 2023
16 out of 28 Leeds games have been on the telly, probably more than when they were in the Premier League!

They've had 14 home games so far meaning someone with a Sky subscription will have been able to watch more Leeds games than a fan with a season ticket!
It shows Sky's priorities. They arent bothered about loyal match going fans. Happy to send fans hundreds of miles for early or late KOs. The number of 3pm games weve had is crap imo. Two of the benefits of relegation was going to be normal KO times and bigger away allocations. Neither have been the case.