Shrewsbury parking ticket | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Shrewsbury parking ticket

B

Bryan

I parked in this car park for the match but there was no attendant when I got there at 12:30 so I did the pay by mobile.

Received a parking charge notice in the post on Monday, appealed it over the internet, sending a screen shot of the confirmation I’d paid. They very generously waived, rather than cancelled, the charge. No apology either.

Shysters

Mar 18, 2014
Parking is prohibited in the nearby Retail Park and nearby streets, so to find some street parking you may have to drive a bit further away.

from football ground guide. I parked behind the nearby BP garage

B

Bryan

There is a page on the Shrewsbury Town FC website showing the places to park and Toys R Us is one of them.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
I had two tickets waiting for me when i got back from oxford last week, one from the hotel we stayed in for £100.00 !! and one for crossing a bus lane for £60.00 where my sat nav sent me !!

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Vampires11":3avxhxjs said:
Parking is prohibited in the nearby Retail Park and nearby streets, so to find some street parking you may have to drive a bit further away.

Yeah, I fell foul to this. Bit unfair as there were no signs anywhere near my car, just a small notice under a 30mph sign half a mile away on entrance to the road. I contested it. I lost. But we won in a manner I've not seen for a long long time so I don't really care.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Vampires11":2w0sdv7v said:

We parked in the Meole Brace park and ride which is accessed through that retail park. Something to remember when we meet again in the Championship next season. :)

Jun 4, 2016
pearces greens":276wx9wb said:
I had two tickets waiting for me when i got back from oxford last week, one from the hotel we stayed in for £100.00 !! and one for crossing a bus lane for £60.00 where my sat nav sent me !!

Sympathy..Oxford has got to be one of the most car unfriendly cities in the UK. Horrible place to drive around. I'm afraid Plymouth is following their model.

May 29, 2011
Bristol
I had a ticket due to the Shrewsbury Toys R Us fiasco too. We parked in the main car park, paid the guy who confirmed it was OK, he wrote down the reg on his clipboard. After I received the fine I rang the store and they confirmed that everyone had a ticket that weekend. It's a mistake. I've since had a letter waiving the fine.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Sidewinder":13fnkad2 said:
I had a ticket due to the Shrewsbury Toys R Us fiasco too. We parked in the main car park, paid the guy who confirmed it was OK, he wrote down the reg on his clipboard. After I received the fine I rang the store and they confirmed that everyone had a ticket that weekend. It's a mistake. I've since had a letter waiving the fine.

So ... anyone know where the money went if they think you didn't pay? :think: :twisted: :think:

Jan 30, 2017
X Isle":1psdhthl said:
You took advice on where to park from t'internet... and you got a parking ticket.

Hmmm :think:

Once bitten twice shy 'n'all I would therefore be very wary of taking advice from t'internet as to how to subsequently deal with it ^^^^

I would visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau for free and trustworthy legal advice.

But you've advised him to do that, on the internet...

So you mean, don't go to the Citizens Advice Bureau?

May 29, 2011
Bristol
Pogleswoody":v3e624ep said:
Sidewinder":v3e624ep said:

So ... anyone know where the money went if they think you didn't pay? :think: :twisted: :think:

Their parking fine system is automated and the list of football parking registrations have to be manually removed. I think someone forgot...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Sidewinder":2rd6vyad said:
Pogleswoody":2rd6vyad said:
Sidewinder":2rd6vyad said:

Their parking fine system is automated and the list of football parking registrations have to be manually removed. I think someone forgot...

Oh I see. yes that makes sense I guess. Top Tech eh? Clipboard and a pencil?! :lol: