Shirts debacle. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Shirts debacle.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Keyham Pilgrim":24gnco9e said:
Sorry but anyone who tries to defend this situation is clearly happy that the club is losing thousands of pounds. If this was a one off then you could accept this but the same thing happened last season.

I totally support that the club should be financially self sufficient and that is why it is so frustrating to hear the club is potentially losing thousands of pounds.

Please let not have another poster stating that you need to preorder because anyone who knows about retail well tell you about the importance of impulse buying to improve profits.

Aug 25, 2006
Plymuff, D'em!
As someone who has preordered an away shirt, as i knew i'd be on holiday when they were released for sale, and am currently waiting for a flight back to England, I am concerned i'll be getting back to Plymouth tomorrow and going to the club shop in the next few days to find that the shirt I ordered will either:

1. Not fit, as the sizing seems to be buggered this year, with no chance of replacement,
2. Not be fit to wear, due to it being swapped by someone else not happy with it due to marks etc (as I did last season when the sponsor logo had black marks through it),
3. Not be there at all!

If 1, then i'll probably just swap the shirt for the dvd and book of last season, as the club can't be blamed for Puma's sizings. If 2 or 3, though, then the club will have let me down as someone who ordered in good faith that I would receive a fit to wear shirt, so my money will go straight back into my account. I think that's fair enough.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
oldage":qe9lm0zx said:
If most fans are size L and above why not order most of the shirts in those sizes? Would sell more and not be left with so many smaller shirts which ultimately they will need to reduce in price to shift.

I wonder who at the club is tasked with calculating last year's mode statistics on the sales in relation to each size...... or does somebody just guess?

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Keyham Pilgrim":1m1d4f9x said:
Keyham Pilgrim":1m1d4f9x said:
Sorry but anyone who tries to defend this situation is clearly happy that the club is losing thousands of pounds. If this was a one off then you could accept this but the same thing happened last season.

I totally support that the club should be financially self sufficient and that is why it is so frustrating to hear the club is potentially losing thousands of pounds.

Please let not have another poster stating that you need to preorder because anyone who knows about retail well tell you about the importance of impulse buying to improve profits.

Agree absolutely. I had a similar response a few years ago when I gave the view on here that closing the shop around lunchtime on Xmas eve was silly. "Should have gone there earlier" is all very well, but it doesn't get the cash into the club's tills.

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
I would say that whoever is tasked with planning tickets, shirt sales or even when to play humpty dumpty must use the same dartboard as the planners where I work :doh:
Pete

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":2w2a94eq said:
ARGYLE SHOULD HAVE USED F.B.T. THIS FIRM HAS A REP THAT LIVES IN PLYMOUTH,IS AN ARGYLE FAN AND THEY COULD HAVE EASILY COPED WITH ANY AMOUNT OF ORDERS. :furious: :banghead:

I wonder how long Puma give the club to pay the invoice for merchandise they order. It could be considerable compared to what smaller companies can allow.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":8pwmiixk said:
fbt would offer argyle better terms than puma lundan.their rep,my friend vernon has told me this ad nauseum.

How about if that included 80% discount on all clothing used by the club and 12 weeks credit for the payment of invoices. Could a small local company manage such conditions? Could they cope with that sort of cash flow? It's not just about delivering boxes asap after an order is received. In fact, that comes way down the list of necessities.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
If memory serves me right after this season ends we will have Puma as our Kit Suppliers for at least another season.

As we have discussed before on here, the Puma deal (as much of us don't actually like it) is the best thing for Argyle right now. Not only do they provide the kits, but also the training kits for the first team, ladies teams, reserves and junior teams. Most likely also footballs, boots for the players in some cases etc etc.

Plus, they stuck with us during the administration period.

Realistically, if in a couple of seasons time when the Puma deals end are Argyle are either:

1) In the Championship
2) Established as a top League 1 side challenging for Promotion.

then we will be in a better position for other manufacturing companies to approach us/approach them. Until them FBT and other kits will have to wait.

EDIT: Also our progressing financial position plays a part too.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":16lay3h3 said:
Steve Evans":16lay3h3 said:
fbt would offer argyle better terms than puma lundan.their rep,my friend vernon has told me this ad nauseum.

How about if that included 80% discount on all clothing used by the club and 12 weeks credit for the payment of invoices. Could a small local company manage such conditions? Could they cope with that sort of cash flow? It's not just about delivering boxes asap after an order is received. In fact, that comes way down the list of necessities.
Football Thailand are hardly a small local company.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1h0b1me6 said:
Steve Evans":1h0b1me6 said:

F.B.T. are not a small local company lundan.they manufacture in thailand and their owner is mega wealthy.again,my friend vernon has told me this many a time.

Jul 11, 2011
I always get my shirt for my birthday (september). So if my Mrs can't go into the shop and pick up a large or medium then I won't have one this season. Another £40 lost for the club and the first time in many years I will not have the shirt.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Steve Evans":qwivmnfm said:
Lundan Cabbie":qwivmnfm said:
Steve Evans":qwivmnfm said:

F.B.T. are not a small local company lundan.they manufacture in thailand and their owner is mega wealthy.again,my friend vernon has told me this many a time.

Without knowing the finer details of the Puma deal, it's impossible to speculate on whether Vernon could offer better.