Senior Greens (Portsmouth trip cancelled) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Senior Greens (Portsmouth trip cancelled)

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
Hi all fingers crossed lets kick off with Portsmouth away, message or phone me coach all booked.
Green Army

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Hi Ken, usual two seats for me and Ann. Thanks.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Has there been an announcement regarding away fans being allowed from the start of the season?

I've not even seen any announcement about the number of home fans that will be allowed.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
David_Fisher":ugrleuow said:
Has there been an announcement regarding away fans being allowed from the start of the season?

I've not even seen any announcement about the number of home fans that will be allowed.

I think Ken is following the principle of the 7 Ps.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
metroace":234upffm said:
David_Fisher":234upffm said:

What like "premature"?

I'm thinking about the AFC Wimbledon game in September but don't want to book an expensive train ticket only to find that no away fans are allowed.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
David_Fisher":38mw1i3u said:
metroace":38mw1i3u said:
David_Fisher":38mw1i3u said:

What like "premature"?

I'm thinking about the AFC Wimbledon game in September but don't want to book an expensive train ticket only to find that no away fans are allowed.

Prior Preparation etc. Better to have a coach booked and places allocated on a returnable deal early than to have to scramble if approval comes late.

I absolutely agree that train tickets are a nightmare. Champ and Premier fans hate that they book tickets only to find that the TV company changes the dates.

Personally, I have booked the hotels for the matches I hope to attend on a Flex rate which allows cancellation up to on the day of arrival. Prior Preparation etc.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I think that seeing that they are allowing fans into tennis horse racing and the euro's to ban football fans both home and away is being pettish.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think it's the fact that away fans have to be kept apart is causing some headaches Mike.

One way systems and all that.

Way OTT, but on this occasion I'm not sure it's the FA's or EFL's fault.

It seems unfair that you can snog the face off your aide but you can't walk past someone wearing opposing colours. :whistle:

May 8, 2011
The Portsmouth game is on an international break weekend so could be televised with the KO time changed, even moved to the Sunday.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
metroace":3pr562jk said:
David_Fisher":3pr562jk said:
metroace":3pr562jk said:
David_Fisher":3pr562jk said:

What like "premature"?

Prior Preparation etc. Better to have a coach booked and places allocated on a returnable deal early than to have to scramble if approval comes late.

I absolutely agree that train tickets are a nightmare. Champ and Premier fans hate that they book tickets only to find that the TV company changes the dates.

Personally, I have booked the hotels for the matches I hope to attend on a Flex rate which allows cancellation up to on the day of arrival. Prior Preparation etc.

I can vouch for that. There are no cheap train tickets out there for Plymouth to Paddington for the period which the TV games have already been announced. Discounted tickets are up for grabs in September but Sky have yet to pick their games for then as yet. Really frustrating.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":1bu4rk2h said:
The Portsmouth game is on an international break weekend so could be televised with the KO time changed, even moved to the Sunday.

Or, depending on Pompey's international contingent, postponed.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I think that will dependant on how many restrictions get loosened in the next announcement. Same as how we don’t know what restrictions will remain in place for sports yet.