Scunthorpe Sack Manager | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Scunthorpe Sack Manager

Apr 5, 2008
Strange time to sack him.But sometimes it works.Look at Charlton ,dreadful for the last few months ,new manger comes in,look,like a different team,at Argyle’s expense of course.

And next home match for Scunthorpe,Argyle :facepalm:

Oct 22, 2009
Mike E":1uahwzxk said:
northroadwest1":1uahwzxk said:
Another silly little club

What is silly about them ? They are club, that just like Argyle have years of history battleing it out in the second, third and fourth tiers of English football, but with a town the population of about the quarter the size of Plymouth and a number of bigger clubs nearby to poach their support.

I think you’ll find they’ve been a basement division team far mor than us. Crappy little ground with 3,000 fans getting money poured into them by a rich billionaire local trying to make them a premiership team even though it’s completly unsustainable. Another Fleetwood, Crawley, Bournemouth etc etc. Everything wrong with modern football

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
moles40":2p6czgzd said:
Strange time to sack him.But sometimes it works.Look at Charlton ,dreadful for the last few months ,new manger comes in,look,like a different team,at Argyle’s expense of course.

Oxford didn’t do too well with their new manager yesterday, did they?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":2opo9o3o said:
moles40":2opo9o3o said:

They had the Argyle syndrome - man sent off and went to pieces. They were well on top when they were awarded the penalty. If they'd have scored they'd still have had 11 men on the pitch and things could have been very different.

May 8, 2011
davie nine":3hkuri5i said:
moles40":3hkuri5i said:

Neither did Walsall last week.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
A 47% win percentage.

189 points from 113 games.

Fifth in a league in which they lie 19th in the average attendance table.

Now I know they have a wealthy owner (Peter Swann :lol: ) but that is an outrageous decision. From the Scunthorpe Telegraph...

But the main gripe with supporters has been Alexander constantly playing players out of position.

The most publicised and unpopular was the decision to play Murray Wallace, one of the best centre backs in the league, at left back in favour of Conor Townsend.

Whatever the reason for that, we might never know, but that was the main gripe.

So a bad run of form and playing a player out of position... possibly for a good reason... that's all that gets you the sack nowadays :crazy:

Apr 5, 2008
Nothing is ever good enough for the owners of clubs anymore.Looking back it’s a miracle Adam’s wasn’t sacked earlier in the season now.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
moles40":27m8ih4n said:
Nothing is ever good enough for the owners of clubs anymore.Looking back it’s a miracle Adam’s wasn’t sacked earlier in the season now.
It’s not a miracle. It’s evidence of an owner and board who know their manager and trust him to sort things out when given the time.

Knee jerk reactions are not the answer. Most of us realised that John Sheridan was not committed to working in the South West and that his departure was mutually beneficial.

DA was a different manager. He seemed to have settled here and deserved to be supported. It really is unbelievable that so many League 1 managers have been sacked during this season and it demonstrates that we have a level headed board of directors who will ensure that PAFC is kept on an even keel .