Score & Attendance Predictions v Gillingham | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Score & Attendance Predictions v Gillingham

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
AdelaideGreen":4vyvr6eg said:
pedro91":4vyvr6eg said:
Yesterday against Doncaster,Gillingham had 3 shots and all on target and Doncaster had 27 shots with 3 on target.
Looks as thought Gills defence might be a bit brittle

The BBC indicate that Donnie had 32 shots of which 18 were on target. Gillingham had only 3 shots, all on target. The result was 3-3!!!
A brittle defence? Seems more likely a very defensive set up, but were deadly accurate when they have a chance.

Looking at other recent results, they lost 2-0 at home to Southend, but beat Portsmouth 2-0. 2 first half goals and then survived an onslaught.

So, a defensive team, very capable on the break - and with Eaves as a dangerman. Gillingham just outside the relegation zone.

We should have a strategy for that. Will we?

We can't afford to give them an early goal (or any goal).

I guess 1 - 1. Attendance 7,500
Only quoting what Colin Murray said on EFL on QUEST last night

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":xy7ay8fy said:
Steve Evans":xy7ay8fy said:
argyle 1 gillingham 5

Wait a minute you were telling us we were getting promoted 3 weeks ago.I'm afraid losing 5.1 at home to Gillingham may not be promotion form
i concede defeat about promotion.finishing fifth from bottom is the aim now. :sigh:

Dec 3, 2005
PL2 3DQ":1cn820c0 said:
Gillingham's Tom Eaves will cause us problems.

The dark green and black shirts against the dark green netting on the Mayflower side will also be a problem under the poor floodlights.

Hopefully 1 - 0 to us.

Cooper or Letheren, Canavan and Songo'o to come in for Macey, Edwards and O'Keefe.

7, 765.

If possible would it not be a good idea to play in our away strip?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
djg145":2ix2n69g said:
PL2 3DQ":2ix2n69g said:
Gillingham's Tom Eaves will cause us problems.

The dark green and black shirts against the dark green netting on the Mayflower side will also be a problem under the poor floodlights.

Hopefully 1 - 0 to us.

Cooper or Letheren, Canavan and Songo'o to come in for Macey, Edwards and O'Keefe.

7, 765.

If possible would it not be a good idea to play in our away strip?

We did that before against Blackpool and still lost 3 0.

Apr 22, 2013
Although I feel DA should have left some time ago - tuesdays night game is winnable and I predict 2-1 with a crowd of 7900 , if argyle lose again the board will have to act

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Songo’o and Ness in for Edwards and O’Keefe. Avoid set pieces or Eaves will have a field day - att 6700 1-1.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
0 - 3 Gills.

Another 500 off the gate as people prefer to stay in and watch another soap opera in the comfort of their homes

DA waits for all the YOBS to leave the ground before returning to the changing rooms.

Post match interviews he reveals exactly why he is better than Pep Guardiola and how unlucky we were oblivious to the fact we didn't have an attempt on goal

BAFFLING :facepalm:

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Steve Evans":2d210eky said:
Cobi Budge":2d210eky said:
Greenarmy11":2d210eky said:
Hopefully we lose badly

I want a change of manager but I would never ever want us to lose a game to achieve that end.
if we win they won't change manager.

If we lose they STILL wont change the manager. He has a huge contract and has too much power and the board don't have the balls to sack him

I'm afraid until RELEGATION is confirmed or the gates drop below 4,000 we are stuck with him for several more years yet

Dec 2, 2010
Can't really see anything other than a defeat. They are dangerous at set pieces and Eaves is a handful.

Could be really embarrassing - 1-4

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Steve Evans":2lkgehwe said:
Cobi Budge":2lkgehwe said:
Greenarmy11":2lkgehwe said:
Hopefully we lose badly

I want a change of manager but I would never ever want us to lose a game to achieve that end.
if we win they won't change manager.

I'm aware of that.

As I said, I would never want us to lose a game, under any circumstances.