Ryan Edwards | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Edwards

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Emu":3jxdnt6h said:
Tugboat":3jxdnt6h said:
Songo’o at CB is not the solution to our problems.

Neither are Edwards, Wootton, Canavan or Grant it appears.
Given which is why I think we need 3 of them starting with 2 wingbacks.

The 2 wingbacks can still defend but can also utilise the width in attack without leaving 2 CB’s isolated.

The downside to that is ironically Songo’o gets dropped and Fox, Sarcevic and the wingbacks in support of the front 3 of Carey Ruben and Ladapo

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Tugboat":22taw8mn said:
Emu":22taw8mn said:
Tugboat":22taw8mn said:

The 2 wingbacks can still defend but can also utilise the width in attack without leaving 2 CB’s isolated.

The downside to that is ironically Songo’o gets dropped and Fox, Sarcevic and the wingbacks in support of the front 3 of Carey Ruben and Ladapo

It's worth a shot, but unfortunately our manager is too set in his ways and stubborn with his favoured formation I fear.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I quite like Peter Grant, I think he's fairly solid & has good positional sense, not perfect and not as good as Vyner or Bradley, but I think he's our only CB who is (or at least can be) good enough for L1. We need to find him a partner in January.

Feb 23, 2008
Tugboat":32g6lpzb said:
Emu":32g6lpzb said:
Tugboat":32g6lpzb said:

Why can't songo'o be the CB that sits in the back 3 when defending and pulls forward into CDM when we're going forward?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Sadly on a football level the guy is just not up to the job. Slow and cumbersome and lacking fight and desire.

Maybe his personal battles have left him drained and he would be better off with a full seasons rest to recuperate fully.

Wish the guy all the best but their is no sentiment in football

Jul 6, 2011
chunkymonkey78":7j5rifqq said:
Tugboat":7j5rifqq said:
Emu":7j5rifqq said:
Tugboat":7j5rifqq said:

Why can't songo'o be the CB that sits in the back 3 when defending and pulls forward into CDM when we're going forward?

Songóo in the backline, OMG!
Previous experience and his sending off should be warning enough. Defending midfielder yes until something better comes along, defender NO!!!!!

If we had a decent defence Songóo wouldn't be needed as a 5th defence line.