Rowett / Birmingham | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rowett / Birmingham

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
My blues supporting mate says they are about to announce him going in as care taker. All can’t be well for Mowbray, he’s hardly coached a game for them.

Suggests to me they are taking a “whatever it takes” approach to stay up, Rowett isn’t known for his attacking football!

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
That must make him the like the 6th person to take charge of them this season

Jun 2, 2016
The BBC are reporting that Birmingham City are set to bring Gary Rowett as temporary manager until the end of the season

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
The BBC are reporting that Birmingham City are set to bring Gary Rowett as temporary manager until the end of the season

Got confirmed last night

Aug 30, 2006
My blues supporting mate says they are about to announce him going in as care taker. All can’t be well for Mowbray, he’s hardly coached a game for them.

Suggests to me they are taking a “whatever it takes” approach to stay up, Rowett isn’t known for his attacking football!
Mowbray situ is down to illness as I understand it....

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Positive action from Birmingham. Short term appointment to ensure Championship survival is obviously the hope. Now there, s an idea!.
You can not seriously say what Birmingham have done this season is anything for us to aspire to. This appointment does not assure survival either.

They should be pushing for the play offs at least, yet they sacked a manager that had them up there because they got starry eyed with Wazza and now look where they are. Now they really are a shambles.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat
Nov 18, 2011
You can not seriously say what Birmingham have done this season is anything for us to aspire to. This appointment does not assure survival either.

They should be pushing for the play offs at least, yet they sacked a manager that had them up there because they got starry eyed with Wazza and now look where they are. Now they really are a shambles.
4 managers and each of them have a different way of playing. The players probably don't know if they're coming or going which is reflected in Birmingham's form.

Reactions: aNorthernSoul
May 16, 2016
Birmingham must be one of the classic examples of how  not to run a club or react when there's a wobble.

I'm not sure they're currently the best model to follow or take inspiration from.

Reactions: aNorthernSoul

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Birmingham must be one of the classic examples of how  not to run a club or react when there's a wobble.

I'm not sure they're currently the best model to follow or take inspiration from.
i don’t think it’s a bad idea to bring someone in while Mowbray is away and the coach in place felt he was not up to it but they could have found someone with at least some comparisons to Mowbray. Rowett’s style of play is night and day.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Well if he keeps Birmingham up it will be mission accomplished
Will be interesting to see what Birmingham will do with Mowbray & Venus in the close season if they are a Championship team next season - they may want Rowett back on a permanent arrangement