Roof Going On | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Roof Going On

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like roof is finished at the east end of the Grandstand.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Guiri Green":3efx18js said:
demportdave":3efx18js said:
I think there will be a cover of sorts over the Dugouts which will keep the worst of the weather out, it’s the poor devils in the so-called Premium seats I will be feeling sorry for on a wet and windy winter day.

Hopefully, the Premium Package will include a Poncho.

Agree, it's not good enough, even if like me, you've ignored and skipped over the fact that the roof and sides aren't actually finished yet.
The screens on the side will keep the bad weather out of the Grandstand but will do nothing for those poor souls sat below on the Mayflower Terrace. The front section of the roof was completed last week and when it rained on Sunday the water mark was almost up to the back row.

May 16, 2016
demportdave":o7iaq47h said:
Guiri Green":o7iaq47h said:
demportdave":o7iaq47h said:
I think there will be a cover of sorts over the Dugouts which will keep the worst of the weather out, it’s the poor devils in the so-called Premium seats I will be feeling sorry for on a wet and windy winter day.

Agree, it's not good enough, even if like me, you've ignored and skipped over the fact that the roof and sides aren't actually finished yet.
The screens on the side will keep the bad weather out of the Grandstand but will do nothing for those poor souls sat below on the Mayflower Terrace. The front section of the roof was completed last week and when it rained on Sunday the water mark was almost up to the back row.

It's not exactly breaking news is it ?

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
Might be best to reserve judgment until the roof is completely finished and all of the new gutters, downpipes etc... are plumbed in to a working drainage system.

Dec 3, 2005
demportdave":o1qxqf4q said:

Thought the Premier seats were in the area of the 'old' Directors seats.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It is pouring down right now and only the first 5 rows are getting wet where the roof has been finished but the area where the roof is not finished nearly all 13 rows are wet.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":2iw89bi8 said:
It is pouring down right now and only the first 5 rows are getting wet where the roof has been finished but the area where the roof is not finished nearly all 13 rows are wet.

Think that's where the gutter is currently emptying!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Roof almost finished

D9gbwncW4AA6oty.jpg:small

courtesy of Chris Errington

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Looks like the roof is now complete and now the panels at the back of the Grandstand are being installed.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
demportdave":sla1mio0 said:

I imagine that a significant number of those who choose to move to that area may have stood there in years gone past and didn’t care about the rain then and won’t now either. Kind of like those who choose to sit at the front of the other stands.