RL big week for incomings ( it has to be) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RL big week for incomings ( it has to be)

May 16, 2016
Pafcineurope":mor3jkq4 said:
Guiri Green":mor3jkq4 said:
Pafcineurope":mor3jkq4 said:
Cult Of Personality":mor3jkq4 said:
Not expecting anything till at least next week. Think with slow appointment of Lowe we are behind in talks with players
I am not buying into all the hype with the new set-up. Late arriving, now on holiday. Most other League 2 teams are getting their team sorted. I may be proved wrong, but I have doubts about the organisation at PAFC. I know - wait until the end of the season - but if it goes wrong we could (could!!) have the best ground in the National League.

Is there a definitive list of all the other L2 Clubs Transfer activity that is available so we can compare and despair accurately ?

Just read the BBC League 2 and 1 pages. :whistle:

I have a little too much of a life to spare time scrolling through 45 other Clubs pages.

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
Just read the headlines on the 2 pages. Not that difficult, even for someone with a full social diary. Not that difficult for anyone really. You must keep up with the real world not the PAFC Bubble. Ha Ha.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
All I will say is that Derek was appointed on June 12th and by the previous week we had signed Carey - He would never have considered any sort of holiday at this crucial time - Is he committed? Who goes on holiday on the first week of their new job?

Mar 14, 2009
edmonds200":2pbwjak2 said:
All I will say is that Derek was appointed on June 12th and by the previous week we had signed Carey - He would never have considered any sort of holiday at this crucial time - Is he committed? Who goes on holiday on the first week of their new job?

So Adams didn’t go on holiday and didn’t get us promoted in our first season with him...terrific :thumbup:

Adams era is over.... :doh:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
edmonds200":dz3lmb38 said:

Bore off.

We get it, you liked Adams. He’s gone. Get over it.

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
I think "Edmonds 200" and Nobby have a point. I fear that everyone s being swamped by propaganda. I feel that tears will follow if something is not done soon. RL - I I am not impressed so far. No action, lots of waffle.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Pafcineurope":1z3d3vju said:
I think "Edmonds 200" and Nobby have a point. I fear that everyone s being swamped by propaganda. I feel that tears will follow if something is not done soon. RL - I I am not impressed so far. No action, lots of waffle.

He’s been here for two weeks! Get a grip!!!

May 8, 2011
edmonds200":2hkfe063 said:

Adams first signing was Sawyer and that was announced on the 25th June. The signing of Carey was announced on the 3rd July.

I would have thought that Lowe would have had a list of potential targets prepared as he would have been planning for Bury’s new season. I can’t believe he would have had to tear that up and start again.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
edmonds200":3rlnor2u said:

Out of interest edmonds200 , which aspects of Ryan Lowe's job as manager would you expect him to be be performing at this time ?

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
DartingtonPilgrim":znmvtjfp said:
edmonds200":znmvtjfp said:

Out of interest edmonds200 , which aspects of Ryan Lowe's job as manager would you expect him to be be performing at this time ?
So much to do - meetings with staff, preseason prep (we haven't even got any games) prep his family for the big move down (oh sorry forgot he isn't moving them!) We have paid him about £6,000 in wages to him and schumacher so far and they have been in town about 3 days (schumacher not 1!!) You guys need a reality check - If you had just started a £150,000 per year job would you go on holiday straightaway and use that as an excuse to not sign anyone???

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
HC Green":3dwg562e said:
edmonds200":3dwg562e said:

Adams first signing was Sawyer and that was announced on the 25th June. The signing of Carey was announced on the 3rd July.

I would have thought that Lowe would have had a list of potential targets prepared as he would have been planning for Bury’s new season. I can’t believe he would have had to tear that up and start again.

Carey was agreed in first week - it was announced 3rd July

May 16, 2016
edmonds200":1f8vik2v said:
DartingtonPilgrim":1f8vik2v said:
edmonds200":1f8vik2v said:

So much to do - meetings with staff, preseason prep (we haven't even got any games) prep his family for the big move down (oh sorry forgot he isn't moving them!) We have paid him about £6,000 in wages to him and schumacher so far and they have been in town about 3 days (schumacher not 1!!) You guys need a reality check - If you had just started a £150,000 per year job would you go on holiday straightaway and use that as an excuse to not sign anyone???

Too right I'd go on holiday. I'd swipe a few beach towels from the Shop too. Leave my free training stuff in the paid for flat and have a bit of a jolly up at the Clubs expense.

Jan 27, 2012
I suspect that a few signings have already been agreed along with some pre-season fixtures. Probably the club are waiting for Lowe to return from his holidays first. At least I hope so !

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
edmonds200":3ebplt02 said:
DartingtonPilgrim":3ebplt02 said:
edmonds200":3ebplt02 said:

The reality is, you don't know what Ryan Lowe or Steven Schumacher are doing or have been doing for the last few weeks , as many posters have pointed out , it is quite possible that contracts have already been agreed with incoming players , pre season prep may be underway , Ryan Lowe may have already met some or all of the non playing staff , he may also be at the club next week ahead of the players returning to training on thursday , and who is making excuses for not signing anyone ? Just because announcements haven'been made , it does not mean our new manager is not doing his job .

Mar 14, 2009
Well said Dartington.

Do we not remember the Lowe thread about his announcement. A bit of patience is required here.

If we start the second week into pre season with a depleted squad then question him.