RIP former Pilgrim Peter Anderson | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

RIP former Pilgrim Peter Anderson

Feb 9, 2013
Funeral arranged for Monday July 22, at 12.15pm, at Weston Mill Crematorium.
Family flowers only.
Donations to Huxham Charitable Trust (Rice-India) may be left as a retiring collection, online at wcpltd.com or sent to Walter C Parson, Crownhill, PL6 5DY.

Thanks Memory Man - a wonderful story surrounding so many memories.

A special mention - as you referred to Fred Uglow - who became my Head at Pennycross Primary School.

I did NOT know he came from Ford Secondary School - the primary version was so close to me in my last house before moving to The Philippines.

I hope the service goes well.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
RIP Pilgrim

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
I was fortunate to see Peter play in both the West Ham and Spurs games at a packed Home Park.
A special player in a wonderful era . RIP Pilgrim.

Jan 11, 2016
It's clear from the many tributes here that Peter Anderson was rightly held in very high esteem by the Argyle family. I remember his goal against Spurs which can still be seen via Greens on Screen. Looking at my autograph book from the 1958-59 season and the early 1960s it's pretty clear that Peter was always ready to sign a youngster's book - I've got quite a few examples! I also found his signature along with those of Bill Shortt and Alex Govan in the copy of Snakes and Ladders by Andy Riddle which I found in the St.Lukes charity shop in Billacombe. What a bargain for a fiver!
It's interesting how this sort of thread throws up recollections and half forgotten aspects of Janner life. I was reminded by the references to Fred Uglow that my mother was great friends with his wife and I was at school with his son who also became a headteacher. Fred must have been quite somebody - I remember when in my first job in Surrey a colleague discovered I was from Plymouth and his first question was 'I don't suppose you know Fred Uglow'!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Sainghin Green":25afq6qg said:
It's clear from the many tributes here that Peter Anderson was rightly held in very high esteem by the Argyle family. I remember his goal against Spurs which can still be seen via Greens on Screen. Looking at my autograph book from the 1958-59 season and the early 1960s it's pretty clear that Peter was always ready to sign a youngster's book - I've got quite a few examples! I also found his signature along with those of Bill Shortt and Alex Govan in the copy of Snakes and Ladders by Andy Riddle which I found in the St.Lukes charity shop in Billacombe. What a bargain for a fiver!
It's interesting how this sort of thread throws up recollections and half forgotten aspects of Janner life. I was reminded by the references to Fred Uglow that my mother was great friends with his wife and I was at school with his son who also became a headteacher. Fred must have been quite somebody - I remember when in my first job in Surrey a colleague discovered I was from Plymouth and his first question was 'I don't suppose you know Fred Uglow'!
I wish I had known these little "extras" about Fred Uglow when I wrote the Peter Anderson chapter in my book "Thanks For The Memory" about the 1958-59 season. He was clearly a well-respected character.

Jan 11, 2016
Fred's son Mike was headteacher at Heles School in Plympton - the old Plympton Grammar site I believe - but I don't know any other details of his teaching career. My Surrey colleague knew Fred Uglow through school swimming at what must have been a fairly senior ESSA level.

Sainghin Green":3p0zwl6e said:
Fred's son Mike was headteacher at Heles School in Plympton - the old Plympton Grammar site I believe - but I don't know any other details of his teaching career. My Surrey colleague knew Fred Uglow through school swimming at what must have been a fairly senior ESSA level.

Michael was Head at Hele's in 2005 as his school building was struck by lightning !

I think he MAY have been Head at Pennycross Primary School as well as his father - but cannot be sure !

Others MAY confirm ?

Keep the Faith :scarf: