Rhys Griffiths feature on Sky Sports News | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rhys Griffiths feature on Sky Sports News

L

leelowndes27

It was a good piece, was helped as he scored first goal of the day too!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I saw it, good article. Don't know if you can catch a rerun of it.

Jul 29, 2010
leelowndes27":1rmhgsgl said:

The piece had nothing to do it, firemen are naturally good at striking ;)

Good on him too, hopefully the fitness issue was just an adjustment and he can go on to become the cult hero he is threatening to become :clap:

Aug 10, 2006
X Isle":1djresl1 said:
leelowndes27":1djresl1 said:

Good on him too, hopefully the fitness issue was just an adjustment and he can go on to become the cult hero he is threatening to become :clap:
funny i remember you not being all that impressed with him when he first signed just shows what a few goals can do to change someones opinion.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
X Isle":2mxipm6f said:
leelowndes27":2mxipm6f said:

And thanks to them striking I participated in some fine life saving techniques during the 2002/3 pay disputes.

Jul 29, 2010
loyal1970":bewlulxo said:
X Isle":bewlulxo said:
leelowndes27":bewlulxo said:

funny i remember you not being all that impressed with him when he first signed just shows what a few goals can do to change someones opinion.

You wanna remember things better then, my opinion hasn't changed. I spoke only of big risks (with all our summer signings, for differing reasons).

If they pay off, fantastic and well done Fletch for seeing what wasn't immediately apparent but that doesn't diminish the enormity of the risk. Risk that remains but risk that could yet bring rewards.

The only players I can ever recall dismissing out of hand on first sight were Kenny Cooper and Alan Gow, and I was spot on with both those assessments. Rhys could be a (short lived) legend or an Mpenza style treatment table leg end, we'll see.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
X Isle":3mk5qffa said:
loyal1970":3mk5qffa said:
X Isle":3mk5qffa said:
leelowndes27":3mk5qffa said:

You wanna remember things better then, my opinion hasn't changed. I spoke only of big risks (with all our summer signings, for differing reasons).

If they pay off, fantastic and well done Fletch for seeing what wasn't immediately apparent but that doesn't diminish the enormity of the risk. Risk that remains but risk that could yet bring rewards.

The only players I can ever recall dismissing out of hand on first sight were Kenny Cooper and Alan Gow, and I was spot on with both those assessments. Rhys could be a (short lived) legend or an Mpenza style treatment table leg end, we'll see.

I do hope so Doc, if that's the standard we're looking at I might just as well throw my hat into the ring.

All the 'facts' on his age, trade and desire to remain in Wales say this is utter pants. I mean, I know 99% of the time firemen can sleep all night while other night workers have to do things but even so, they do still have to be there. 4 on 4 off means he'll be available only 50% of the time.

Also at 32 most careers are on the wind down, he's never played professional football so won't have the required stamina and core strength and will injure himself trying to achieve it. Why?, because it's too late, he's too old, and insufficiently motivated (see wants to be a fireman) to achieve it.

Tell me this isn't where we're going. Maybe the pasty vote isn't about a pasty contract at all, maybe it's to give a baker a football contract. Pathetic, this simply can't be true - even Padi Wilson had better pedigree and was much younger.

C

commander_funk

Dave Langmead":2cuxd3nx said:
X Isle":2cuxd3nx said:
loyal1970":2cuxd3nx said:
X Isle":2cuxd3nx said:
leelowndes27":2cuxd3nx said:

I do hope so Doc, if that's the standard we're looking at I might just as well throw my hat into the ring.

All the 'facts' on his age, trade and desire to remain in Wales say this is utter pants. I mean, I know 99% of the time firemen can sleep all night while other night workers have to do things but even so, they do still have to be there. 4 on 4 off means he'll be available only 50% of the time.

Also at 32 most careers are on the wind down, he's never played professional football so won't have the required stamina and core strength and will injure himself trying to achieve it. Why?, because it's too late, he's too old, and insufficiently motivated (see wants to be a fireman) to achieve it.

Tell me this isn't where we're going. Maybe the pasty vote isn't about a pasty contract at all, maybe it's to give a baker a football contract. Pathetic, this simply can't be true - even Padi Wilson had better pedigree and was much younger.

I must admit I never shared this cynicism, and I think anyone who's seen him play would have to agree. He's not about running everywhere at 100 mph, chasing and closing and explosive pace. His game is all about clever movement, reading the game, winning headers and holding the ball up - something we merrily brought in a 40 year old Stephen Fletcher to do at the end of last season. 32 for a target man at this level isn't and was never old, we're not looking for the next England CF we're looking for someone who can do a job for us in league two for the next few seaons - I doubt were exactly breaking the bank to bring him on-board either.

I think the objections to Rhys signing were purely around snobbery about the league he played in and some kind of latent resentment about his profession. To be honest I never understand that, because if being a fireman is such a cushy number, why isn't everyone a fireman? We all have this freedom in our career choices!

Griffiths has also taken a massive gamble joining us, leaving his home and his profession in order to pursue his dream.

A

aishburton green

I thought he came across as an unassuming character who is keen to pursue his dream. I would like to see him do well for us,even if it is just for a couple of seasons.
As for the individuals who constantly critisise his previous profession,you need to get a life.
I thought this was a football forum, not a place to knock peoples professions
I would be interested to see if you would get through the Fire Service selection process, let alone the 14 weeks recruits course.