Reuben Reid to Forest Green Rovers | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reuben Reid to Forest Green Rovers

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Guiri Green":lnapbxos said:
I read he hasn't scored since September. No idea how many starts are included in his 26 (?) appearances.

I hear from my Exeter mate that he was disgruntled at not being a regular. The opportunity came for him to have a longer contract with FGR and City could gain from a transfer fee. The transfer pleased all parties, but whether RR will be playing in the FL next season, I doubt!

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
Really don't understand Reuben's decision making process--and I suspect his agent has a lot to answer for. He pratted around when he could have stayed at Argyle and fought for his place in the team. Could have been playing League 1 football at his best---and now look at him.

Oct 24, 2013
Old Gunner":33h3y9pb said:
Really don't understand Reuben's decision making process--and I suspect his agent has a lot to answer for. He pratted around when he could have stayed at Argyle and fought for his place in the team. Could have been playing League 1 football at his best---and now look at him.

The flip side is that he has taken a move to a progressive club, earning a decent wage and within comfortable commuting distance of his home and side business.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
lyndhurst green":2k6zldpv said:
Old Gunner":2k6zldpv said:

The flip side is that he has taken a move to a progressive club, earning a decent wage and within comfortable commuting distance of his home and side business.

Fair enough. I rated Reuben highly--kind of disappointed at the trajectory his career has taken.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’ll look back very fondly on Reuben’s time at Argyle. Definitely one of those players who propelled us out of the post-admin period and back into a proper, successful football club again.

There was about a season and a half where he was unplayable and regularly touted as one of the top forwards in Leagues 1 and 2.

Hope he does well at Forest Green.

Oct 24, 2013
Biggs":2yf9emxv said:
I’ll look back very fondly on Reuben’s time at Argyle. Definitely one of those players who propelled us out of the post-admin period and back into a proper, successful football club again.

There was about a season and a half where he was unplayable and regularly touted as one of the top forwards in Leagues 1 and 2.

Don’t forget he picked up an injury and tried to play through it for months. In hindsight that was probably an error, as he has never been the same player since.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Biggs":3t1ii8wt said:

Totally agree with this

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I'm with Biggs.

He was very much a match winner like Carey is for us now.

An absolute beast on his day. My Notts County mates hated him.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I remember him single-handedly winning games against Exeter (A) and Chesterfield (H). I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he helped FGR stay up.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I was pretty shocked that we let him go when we did. Always thought he would be good for our style of play and was expecting him to play for longer under Adams

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Tugboat":265blzg3 said:
I was pretty shocked that we let him go when we did. Always thought he would be good for our style of play and was expecting him to play for longer under Adams
DA offered him a contract for what he thought he was worth. Reuben thought he was worth more.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Keepitgreen":3elnsh27 said:
Tugboat":3elnsh27 said:
DA offered him a contract for what he thought he was worth. Reuben thought he was worth more.
Didn't Reuben say that the contract we offered him was for a very low amount, but was heavily incentive-ised, but with his injury record he couldn't take it?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Someone may have surmised that on here but I don’t recall him making a statement like that.
I don’t think he was DA’s type of player.