Remi on his way back to Plymouth? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Remi on his way back to Plymouth?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
davie nine":firy3f9n said:
You have always been very supportive of Luke McCormick, Cobi.

Are you now writing him off?

I'd like to see us sign a younger 1st choice keeper permanently and keep Luke for competition, a fully fit Luke McCormick is still a good league 1 keeper & his experience will always be hugely helpful for whoever we sign and for Cooper as well.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Can't say I'm impressed by Letheren and hope Remi returns quickly. His kicking on Saturday was terrible - it either went straight into touch or he just pumped it high and aimless. Vyner was getting quite stroppy with him second half - he kept coming short and calling for it but Lethern ignored him and and booted it long. If this was under instruction then clearly Vyner didn't know. In fact on one occasion Vyner was so frustrated he was swearing and looking skywards & didn't notice the ball had cannoned straight back and he was briefly caught flat-footed. His handling doesn't inspire either - he certainly fumbled an easy one first half and he isn't exactly athletic. Sorry - not impressed.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Tom Cobbley":18vm1y4z said:
pearces greens":18vm1y4z said:
jerryatricjanner":18vm1y4z said:
Indeed he must as must Taylor and Sarcevic as soon as they are fit. We need the spinme of pour team back for the final push
Talking in tongues ?

Franglaise

Spanglish actually or more fat fingers on this small iphone key pad.

Mar 23, 2008
I like Letheren and reading these comments would suggest he's very under rated. Matthews quite the reverse, not 100% on him, mainly due to his lack of command of his box and the chaos caused by his risk taking with the ball at his feet. Haven't seen Letheren put a glove wrong as yet?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Deacster":ga5nq6hy said:
I like Letheren and reading these comments would suggest he's very under rated. Matthews quite the reverse, not 100% on him, mainly due to his lack of command of his box and the chaos caused by his risk taking with the ball at his feet. Haven't seen Letheren put a glove wrong as yet?

Remi Matthews is superior in every department. I'm shocked that anyone thinks otherwise. Letheren is a third choice at best - catching and distribution is shocking. Shot-stopping i'm unable to evaluate because our defence prevented him from barely making a save in two games.

I'd personally rather see Michael Cooper in goal than Letheren.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Until he concedes a weak goal or has a few poor kick then everyone will be calling for another change.

Give the guy a few games and a bit of backing.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I'd be happy with McCormick, Letheren and Cooper next year if we don't go up.

If we do go up, I'd let Letheren go and get a Matthews type in.

Mar 23, 2008
Nobby":1sdqimv7 said:
Deacster":1sdqimv7 said:

Remi Matthews is superior in every department. I'm shocked that anyone thinks otherwise. Letheren is a third choice at best - catching and distribution is shocking. Shot-stopping i'm unable to evaluate because our defence prevented him from barely making a save in two games.

All a game of opinions but he is not superior in every department and you mention Letheren's catching is shocking, his handling on Saturday was faultless so that's nonsense. I don't think Letheren's kicking is great but i'll take that over Remi's risk taking, which caused panic in the defence against Bristol Rovers. Agree with Tugboat, hardly fair to slate him when he's been competent and conceded 1 goal in 2 games.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Deacster":22xwe4k4 said:
Nobby":22xwe4k4 said:
Deacster":22xwe4k4 said:

All a game of opinions but he is not superior in every department and you mention Letheren's catching is shocking, his handling on Saturday was faultless so that's nonsense. I don't think Letheren's kicking is great but i'll take that over Remi's risk taking, which caused panic in the defence against Bristol Rovers. Agree with Tugboat, hardly fair to slate him when he's been competent and conceded 1 goal in 2 games.

He fumbled a cross and a shot under zero pressure. A cross in the first half and a header from a corner at the end. That's where my comment stems from. Matthews 'risk-taking' has seen him caught out twice in one game, but not aside. Letheren kicked the ball out of place 3 times at the weekend and sliced a couple others.

I'm possibly being over-critical, but like you said.. game of opinions.

Aug 17, 2005
Can see Gunn going back to Norwich next season of it happens would like to see Luke and remi battling for the number one position