Remi Matthews | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Remi Matthews

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Easy to say this after we won the game regardless but everyone has bad days, young players/goalkeepers especially. Today will be a huge learning experience for Remi; the fact that he's come out and admitted to being at fault puts him in the best possible place to make use of that experience.

Chin up and come back stronger next week Remi.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
What bothers me is that, rather than lacking confidence, he appears to be over confident. He delays his release of the ball as though he is teasing his opponent and, occasionally, he makes a mess of it. I have noticed this in previous games and,normally, he gets away with it.
Also, goalkeepers have to control the setting of the ‘wall’. He seemed to leave the players to organise themselves. From my position it was obvious that the wall should have been at least 2 yards to his left and he should have positioned himself 2 yards to his left. This would have enabled him to save the side footed but well placed free kick.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Keepers have nowhere to hide and mistakes are generally costly but today we scored more than we conceded, two mistakes = 2 goals, but hey ho it made it exciting to watch. Yanns mistake cost a goal but how many did he prevent, as long as the credit column is healthier than the debit column, no problem.

May 3, 2017
Let’s not forget that Remi is still a relatively inexperienced goalkeeper at first team level so he’s entitled to the occasional off day. He’ll bounce back for sure as he has a great attitude and is a quality keeper.

Oct 24, 2010
I think it worth noting all his errors were brought about by an apparent relaxed approach to his kicking and hopefully he will learn from yesterday, apart from that he had a good game, his handling was good and I remember one excellent save when it was 1 -1

Oct 31, 2015
esmer":2ttcw81x said:
I think it worth noting all his errors were brought about by an apparent relaxed approach to his kicking and hopefully he will learn from yesterday, apart from that he had a good game, his handling was good and I remember one excellent save when it was 1 -1

And the free kick. Fox gave him what for straight after the goal

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
skynet":18wm37m2 said:
maybe he is playing with an injury

I fully believe he has a knock or something as he was clearly limping at times, I've seen this in a few of our games so not sure if there is a longer term injury here which he is playing through.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Granted, he had a poor game by all accounts on Saturday but I wouldn’t want him to be dropped. I rate Cooper very highly but, at this stage of the season, I wouldn’t him thrown in the deep end (a completely different kettle of fish to an enforced change away at Blackburn).

Feb 14, 2007
Taunton
Didn't notice it in the first half, but in the second half he was clearly carrying a knock or something. He was limping.

Jul 3, 2013
As already mentioned, keepers having a mare are more noticeable than outfield players but they work as a team and Mathews has pulled the team out of trouble just as much as the team have with him. Fair play to the tweet, no doubt he sets himself high standards and this week he will work harder to make sure they are met for the Charlton trip.

Jul 6, 2009
He is carrying an injury- is Letheren fit? Maybe Remi needs a break. He has been brilliant apart from Saturday.