Reaction to 2-1 defeat | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reaction to 2-1 defeat

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Rubbish team, rubbish kit, rubbish board. Not 1 positive to take away from that rubbish performance. No character no leaders, no progress clueless…………….

………. That’s from a Man United fan’s post on Red Cafe fans forum just now after their defeat to Brighton!

While we may have lost 2-1 too this weekend proud to say our club is in much better shape than the mess of a club that is Man U.. and none of the above comments are relevant to us, except maybe the Mint Green kit deserves some criticism! 😀

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I’m glad someone started this thread.

I’ve looked back at yesterdays game, and l don’t think we were that much worse than them tbh. The difference was some shambolic defending at the end.

Look at the teams in this league and then look at their budgets. It’s ridiculous. But we have to try to promote a positive outlook else what is the point.

Yet when teams have a transfer money spend pot and wages that double or treble ours l‘m really not sure what people realistically expect.

A team like Charlton sit in our league with a billionaire owner and not many are expecting them to finish in the top 6.

Fans talk about patience. But as soon as we lose that is soon forgotten. If we play badly and win people forget all about the performance and they over hype the team.

We have got some good players. One or two exceptional players. But quite a few average ones. And yet at times we play some good football but unfortunately until that standard is raised we may continue to struggle playing consistently well.

An example is we lost Miller to injury. We played Mumba at LWB. Think he did fine but with him on a yellow we probably needed to take him off. Yet we have nobody else currently to fill that position. So we move Butcher across to wing back. If your an Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday l think with their squad depth they aren’t having the same issues.

I think we can play better football than last season in an attacking sense. Score more goals. But unfortunately defensively l don’t know if the current personnel can do better than the 18 clean sheets of last season. And that was down to the brilliance of Cooper.

I expect many rollercoaster results over the season. We need better infrastructure to increase turnover which then helps us get better players. That doesn’t sound like a short term fix to me.

If you aren’t in this for the long game, you probably going to get very frustrated with this season.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
It's very early days. We are going to win far more than we lose - you can take that to the bank.

Its disappointing yesterday's result, but we weren't robbed, there was no major controversial decision, we just switched off at a critical juncture.

The perspective remains unaltered here, we have a decent manager, a decent chairman, the football is good, attendances going up, we have new American friends with lots of money ( more than some PL teams backers) - we lost a game we should have drawn - these things tend to even up over 46 games.

So don't over analyse yesterday it is what it is. I used to get analysis paralysis where you end up over thinking the most basic things and you lose sight of what matters.

I wonder if all these Man Utd fans you see in Plymouth ( who've never been OT) will wear their shirts tomorrow? Now there's a club in terminal decline.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I thought our aspirations were slightly higher than not being much worse than Fleetwood. Or have I got that wrong.

Having watched it l don’t think we were much worse. I honestly thought they run out of ideas to break us down.

Your right. Our aspirations is to be better than Fleetwood and if you view Schumacher’s comments it was we should be coming to places like this and winning.

Unfortunately, if your playing a team with as good as budget as you, if not better, then it’s a 50/50 game. We played much worse than that last season and won. But people forget this.

Our aspirations maybe to be better than Fleetwood but if your budget isn’t then is that being realistic?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I think we need to chill about a week 2 result. We can all see what Schuey has done with the players he has got in and last week it looked like a decent upgrade - a more structured team with more diversity in play. I think it still is an upgrade and one game doesn’t change that view. Time will tell although I understand expectations will have been inflated from last season and we’d expect to at least consolidate. To soon to be concerned though

Reactions: Kevin Pedlar

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Expectations are way too high, we will be mid table and get a few good beatings along the way

Reactions: greensalt

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I think we need to chill about a week 2 result. We can all see what Schuey has done with the players he has got in and last week it looked like a decent upgrade - a more structured team with more diversity in play. I think it still is an upgrade and one game doesn’t change that view. Time will tell although I understand expectations will have been inflated from last season and we’d expect to at least consolidate. To soon to be concerned though

Too be honest, unless l misread the vibe this weekend l think most people are chilled.

Maybe l’ve read the room wrong, but from what lm seeing l do think some people are being reasonable about questioning the reality of how far we can go with our current budget.

Who knows maybe we smash Peterborough and promotion is the theme next weekend on here. But l do there is some realistic points made about budget constraints.

Reactions: Andy B.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Expectations are way too high, we will be mid table and get a few good beatings along the way
Disagree.

We have all the makings of a very good team.

We just have one or 2 key frailties that are letting us down. Both are within reach in terms of addressing but I think it’ll take time and maybe another signing.

I do wonder if Jephcott will be a make weight for someone else coming in.

Reactions: greendom
May 16, 2016
2 Games is all we've played.

Every match I've watched over the last few days, at least one side has looked like they're still in pre-season mode, be that either over confident attacking play or disorganised defending, usually a bit of both.

2 games and people have already moved on from foresnic game analysis to the subtleties of the Manager's immediate post match interview.

The Cup game this week will see changes and a different team from the one that will play Posh again 2 days later. Ar this rate, it's going to be a long season for those that stay the course.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
2 Games is all we've played.

Every match I've watched over the last few days, at least one side has looked like they're still in pre-season mode, be that either over confident attacking play or disorganised defending, usually a bit of both.

2 games and people have already moved on from foresnic game analysis to the subtleties of the Manager's immediate post match interview.

The Cup game this week will see changes and a different team from the one that will play Posh again 2 days later. Ar this rate, it's going to be a long season for those that stay the course.

l think we will be fine. It’s fine margins. One off the line against Barnsley in 90min and it’s a great win. One off the line against Fleetwood in 90 min and it’s terrible defeat.

The problem isn’t us winning and losing games. It’s just having a realistic expection. But if you say that it’s looked upon as a defeatist attitude.