Rate the Ref v Southend - John Busby | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rate the Ref v Southend - John Busby

Rate the Ref v Southend

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 6 8.1%

Votes: 8 10.8%

Votes: 13 17.6%

Votes: 15 20.3%

Votes: 16 21.6%

Votes: 9 12.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I think Southend will be moaning about the ref more than us after the really dubious penalty and disallowed goal.

What I don't understand is - if it was a penalty to us and the last defender hasn't attempted to play the ball but committed a foul why wasn't he red carded.

TBH I don't think it was a penalty nor did the ref so he bottled giving a red which is surely technically incorrect once he has given a penalty

C

Charles Plym

It is no longer a red card for dogso as long as there was an attempt to play the ball .

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
And the Same thing with the Taylor elbow where he gave a Yellow for dangerous play and bottled it. But we'll take it because otherwise we would have lost the game.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I gave him a 7. A solid 7 at that.

Could hear criticism for advice given by linos when he couldn't possibly have seen said incident.

I often say it's not only the players who are 3rd tier, it's also the officials but on this occasion I thought he didn't let himself of trade down.

Oct 31, 2015
Was ol for me. Our pen given by the lino and theres was right in front of him. Sendings off again given by his support team.

I think he was more for us than them as their sarcastic cheers sounded out when they got a free kick in the second half.

Fairly solid 5 or 6 for me

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Rated the ref a 5,as he gave as much as he missed,Carey throwing the ball at a Southend player who was on the ground,that is a yellow,but three officials missed it.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
rongreenblood":34p58iec said:
Rated the ref a 5,as he gave as much as he missed,Carey throwing the ball at a Southend player who was on the ground,that is a yellow,but three officials missed it.

I haven't seen this but technically, striking an opponent is a straight red and a three match ban. Imagine the moans had they not missed it. Perhaps the ref did see it, but differently to you and thought it was nothing.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Lundan Cabbie":clfbxs71 said:
rongreenblood":clfbxs71 said:

I haven't seen this but technically, striking an opponent is a straight red and a three match ban. Imagine the moans had they not missed it. Perhaps the ref did see it, but differently to you and thought it was nothing.

Weird rule because if that was the case we'd see about ten reds every game.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Bermudian Green":1br0p781 said:
Pogleswoody":1br0p781 said:
If I was the lino I'd be on his case for that, he is supposed to be the 'boss', why didn't he see the offence?

Isn't that why we have lino's? If the "boss" could see everything, there'd be no need for lino's, or VAR for that matter.

Yes, of course. But my point is that he is the 'boss' as regards taking ultimate responsibility for what is given/not given during the game. The lino gave the decision but when the ref was challenged by their players he should have just said: 'penalty, end of' not point at the lino and say: 'it wasn't me, he gave it!', at which point they ran to the lino and berated him! . That was my intended point, not the decision itself.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
r4h4al":2x0yiwg9 said:
Lundan Cabbie":2x0yiwg9 said:
rongreenblood":2x0yiwg9 said:

Weird???? Surely you're not telling me that you did not realise that striking an opponent is a sending off offence.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Yep, that is deemed striking him, as is spitting at an opponent too. If you miss him, what yellow card offence you committed?

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Lundan Cabbie":bsmv0kpw said:
r4h4al":bsmv0kpw said:
Lundan Cabbie":bsmv0kpw said:
rongreenblood":bsmv0kpw said:

Weird???? Surely you're not telling me that you did not realise that striking an opponent is a sending off offence.

No I didn't. Southend should have lost a player too then going by that rule.