Raheem sterling abuse | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Raheem sterling abuse

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Andy Holland":okpuuh5x said:
Sorry, are you suggesting it's OK to racially abuse someone if they celebrate scoring against your club?

If there's one thing that really winds me up about modern football, it's stuck in-the-80s dinosaurs who think "atmosphere", "banter" and "acting like a total [Insult Removed by Site Admin]" are the same things.

Yep agreed, that answers my question really.

A

andyr1963

Bristol Rich":1zq6d0dl said:
Just don't mention people's skin colour, gender or sexual orientation and you'll probably avoid a lot of unnecessary abuse. It's not hard to work out.

If I remember correctly it was heightist and stoutist abuse ref Joe Kinnear.

May 1, 2011
chunkymonkey78":tlfcmyzz said:
So when an away team purposely celebrates in front of the home fans, time wastes and players are generally on a wind up we should just adopt the stuff upper lip mentality and appeal to them to act more gentlemanly in a non offensive manner?

Surely the abuse thing works both ways, I'm assuming this thread was started due to the discussion on talksport the other day? On some cases the abuse is warranted, some not surely?

A players celebrates in front of you which is irritating at best, therefore we can abuse his skin colour?

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Bristol Rich":4bqe844n said:
chunkymonkey78":4bqe844n said:
So when an away team purposely celebrates in front of the home fans, time wastes and players are generally on a wind up we should just adopt the stuff upper lip mentality and appeal to them to act more gentlemanly in a non offensive manner?

Surely the abuse thing works both ways, I'm assuming this thread was started due to the discussion on talksport the other day? On some cases the abuse is warranted, some not surely?

A players celebrates in front of you which is irritating at best, therefore we can abuse his skin colour?

Agreed.

There are plenty of fans who are far too easily offended, despite being more than happy to dish out abuse from the safety of the stands.

Jan 20, 2004
andyr1963":4tsdr5fc said:
Bristol Rich":4tsdr5fc said:
Just don't mention people's skin colour, gender or sexual orientation and you'll probably avoid a lot of unnecessary abuse. It's not hard to work out.

And cardiac arrestist !

A

andyr1963

Mike E":3ao20nlw said:
andyr1963":3ao20nlw said:
Bristol Rich":3ao20nlw said:

And cardiac arrestist !

That was it :thumbs: If memory serves it was originally toned down from "He's just a effing tee" :greensmile:

Jan 20, 2004
Neil Jenkins (Tyhee Slim) started that one in a pub in Luton before we lost the game 2-0 "He's short, he's fat he's had a heart attack" in response to Joe Kinnear commenting that people only moved to Devon to die.