QPR post-match round up | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

QPR post-match round up

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: IvyG

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Surprised that we had more of the ball than them, it didn’t feel that way watching the game. I thought QPR were impressive and one of the better teams to visit HP this season.

Reactions: Wexford Green
May 29, 2011
Bristol
Surprised that we had more of the ball than them, it didn’t feel that way watching the game. I thought QPR were impressive and one of the better teams to visit HP this season.
Yes, I thought they were much better than the last time we played them. I thought Andersen was particularly good. The commentary team pointed out how many seasoned pros they have, several with premier league experience. Made me realise that’s something we lack and gives you an idea of what we’re up against to stay in this division.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Yes, I thought they were much better than the last time we played them. I thought Andersen was particularly good. The commentary team pointed out how many seasoned pros they have, several with premier league experience. Made me realise that’s something we lack and gives you an idea of what we’re up against to stay in this division.
Their experience definitely showed. It highlighted our naivety at times. The same problems were there last night, we are too easy to play through. That said, we are, clearly, playing with more freedom now.

Reactions: Frank the Phone

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Agreed, they seemed to have more quality and experience in their side. In contrast we had maybe half the squad that have or could establish themselves at this level; Cooper, Gibson, Mumba, Hardie, Whittaker , Mumba, Forshaw and possibly Rands.

Andersen had the quality to look like he has so much time on the ball and pick a killer pass. Something we really miss. If we scrape through and stay up we’ll need a big summer of recruitment to kick on. Such a tough league.

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
This seems partly budgetary and partly by design, Schuey made reference on a number of occasions to the extent to which running power tends to diminish in more experienced players.

Reactions: MrO and Sidewinder
Jan 11, 2017
The aim is still to finish 4th from bottom or higher.Its in our own hands but where are the points coming from Leicester who are not in form but are v good…a draw at best, then Stoke and Millwall away one win and one loss…then Hull going for a playoff spot.This is going to the wire, best get the tissues ready!!

Apr 9, 2011
Entirely agree with all of the above. Watching last nights match we seemed at times light years behind QPR with strength in depth & general all round quality. Entirely agree IF we do stay up we are going to need a massive injection of quality players to prevent us from being in the same position next season
Lets do a reality check , how many players in our squad last night would have walked into that QPR team !?

Reactions: Sidewinder
Jan 23, 2024
I'm starting to think if we stay up it could be embarrassing next season
Without a big influx of better quality players, I'd agree with you. If they can't get additional financing sorted, I'm afraid we will be next years Rotherham if we stay up. Even then, a lot will depend on the success of the recruitment. If we stay ups it's critical that a new manager is in place asap, and somehow we find the money to recruit.

Apr 5, 2024
I would be really chuffed if we stayed up as most fans are hoping🤞but I would not be embarrassed by our team.If we go down,disappointed yes however I will still be as keen as a supporter as I have been over the years.

Mar 3, 2021
At the end of the day we are a small finances club playing in a large finance league and without a large injection of money even if we stay up we will be in the same situation as now. Since the last time when we were in this league the gap has widened by a large margin. We are at best a league 1 financed club.