QPR Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

QPR Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Phew! That was tense, a draw is probably a fair result and considering we were behind it's a point gained.
We survived a strong second half from QPR where a second goal from them looked likely but late in the game we finally saw a goal at Home Park, Bundu was credited with the goal but Adomah looked to have scored an own goal. No matter, it was a goal!

Credit to the players for fighting to the end after a lacklustre second half where QPR were the better team.
On paper we had to win this game but we dare not lose it so that late point could prove crucial.

Nancesnip went for the same Rotherham line-up and 3-4-2-1 formation with Phillips the sole Foster signing in the starting 11, Devine replaced Sousa on the bench.

First half
The match started in a cracking atmosphere with flags flying around the stadium; the fans were fully behind the team.

We were positive and on the front foot looking to attack and in the early minutes we were the better team.
QPR rode out the storm and gained some possession.

With the sun now gone it was time for a religious break although it seemed only one player was affected.
It did allow Nancesnip to give fresh instructions to the players.

Both sides huffed and puffed without troubling either keeper.
Hardie had a low shot saved and a skimming shot from Whittaker fizzed just wide of the post.

Phillips saw a lot of the ball on the right side of defence, Wright wasn't involved enough and Scarr and Gibson were solid.

We needed to improve our attacking play and create chances for the second half.

The second half was so different and had a feel of a cup tie, it was end to end for a while although it was QPR who had the better chances.

Cooper made some good saves and the QPR forwards running at our defenders caused problems.

Whittaker had a free-kick saved by Begovic who turned the shot around the post.

QPR won a second corner from a corner and Cooper made a superb save from a header but the loose ball fell to Field who forced the ball home. 0-1. Disaster!

The goal knocked the stuffing out of us and for a while it looked possible that QPR would score a second goal.
However, led by substitute Forshaw we rallied and put some pressure on QPR.
We did however take speculative shots when a pass was the better option, Whittaker and Randell the guilty parties, but we were now causing some problems for QPR.

With time running out a Randell corner was flapped at by Begovic and the ball hit Bundu or Adomah and slowly rolled over the line! Yeses, so that's what scoring a goal feels like!

Game on!

Still QPR came at us but it was the Greens who had the final chance when Whittaker's 25-yard free-kick was saved and that was that.

So we'll take a point from a losing position.

The game and especially the second half was so tense. We have another four of these left!

Mumba played well, really driving forward on the left.
Wright came to life in the second half before being subbed.
Randell had a good game, helped later in the game by Forshaw who made a big difference with his forward passing. These two currently look our best midfield pairing.

Hardie wasn't at his best, he was outpaced in one race for a through ball but he did run his socks off.

Gibson was the best of the defenders, so calm and did push forward a lot and link play.
Cooper was simply Cooper.

Man of the Match- Mumba.

Cooper 8, Phillips 6, Scarr 6, Gibson 7, Edwards 6, Houghton 6, Randell 7, Whittaker 7, Wright 7, Hardie 6.
Subs - Forshaw 7, Sorinola 6, Pleggy n/a, Waine 6, Bundu 7.

Last edited:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I’ll definitely take the point given the performance but we’re going to need to be a lot better than that over the next four games if we want to stay at this level.

Dan Scarr was the main reason we didn’t lose. He bailed out those alongside him and in front of him time and time again.

Cooper - 6
Edwards - 6
Phillips - 3
Scarr - 8
Gibson - 5
Mumba - 6
Randell - 5
Houghton - 5
Whittaker - 5
Hardie - 4
Wright - 5

Bundu - 6
Waine - 5
Sorinola - 4
Forshaw - 7
Pleguezuelo - N/A

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2012
Hell. that was a nervous watch from the sofa. A point form a losing position is not a disaster. Huddersfield getting a thumping is handy and Leicester are on a major wobble.

Very much looking forward to coming down for a meaningless end of season match on Friday. Strap yourselves in for another roller coaster ride.

Reactions: 999mattyg and IvyG

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
If we don’t find another level than that, I’m afraid that scrapping our way through the next 4 won’t quite be enough. My son thought we played ok. I thought they edged it for quality and could have been 2 up. So I will take a draw but it’s harder to see a clear winning opportunity in the next 4. Leicester won’t make that mistake twice. Stoke and Millwall both still fighting - let’s hope Millwall win at the weekend and are on the beach. And Hull are still securing their place in the play offs. I’m not pessimistic but I don’t think that performance level will see us through. Plus, some players really struggle past 60 minutes.

Apr 8, 2014
I don’t think the goal knocked the stuffing out of us I think the formation change stifled us.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
There were many good and bad things that I am sure will be covered extensively, but the big concern for me was how easy we were squeezed by the press. We didn't have enough options for the player on the ball until the match got stretched, and then all structure went out of the window. Also, and this may just be learned anxiety, when the oppo has the ball wide I just expect the cross to drop to an attacker, directly or some ricochet, but when it's us I expect it to be easily cleared or overhit. We are a non event from crosses(open or set pieces). I don't think we have any players that naturally attack the ball in the oppo area. That's a big weakness in modern football.

That save from coops deserved more luck...stunning, but ultimately futile

Jan 10, 2018
We look devoid of creativity. C Wright put in another shift but lacks championship quality. Bundu needs more minutes. He offers something different. Forshaw can thread a pass and looked good when he came on. I thought Miller should also have been brought on to carry us forward and run at their defence. It’s going to the wire but we have to score more goals if we are to stay up !

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
disappointed we didn't win against a defensively ordinary side who were very fast on the break but woeful when it came to taking chances.we just could not get the ball to ryan and morgan.flabbergasted with the substitutions.my ratings;
Cooper 10, Phillips 8,mumba 7 , Scarr 9, Gibson 8, Edwards 9, Houghton 8, Randell 7, Whittaker 7, Wright 9, Hardie 7.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2015
Ford
A bit of a nerve shredder, that one. My God, why the hell do we persist in fannying about at the back when in posession? A bleddy disaster waiting to happen time and time again.Aaaargh! Has Coops been taking lessons from Hazard as his distribution has suddenly become pee poor and slow? Hardie can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo at the moment and Morgs sadly looks a pale shadow of his pre-Christmas self. We would have swept QPR away just a few short months ago as they’re nothing special - sadly, neither are we now. Not looking forward to Friday as, playing like this evening, we’re probably in for a spanking.:(

llcoolgee

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 10, 2011
Melbourne
Our inability to create genuine chances is what will be our undoing, I fear. QPR deserved to and should have won.
Hardie needs to be dropped. If he is on the bench it might take him back to the good ol' days of him coming off the bench and frightening tired defences. However, with that said Waine & Bundu honestly offer even less attacking/scoring threat.
I hope that Huddersfield prove to be slightly worse than us over the next 4 games as I suspect it is us or they that will go down.
Fingers n toes very watch crossed.

Reactions: slingsbypobble