Q & A New Media set up. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Q & A New Media set up.

Redruth Boy

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 17, 2014
Plympton
I watched every game last season casting from my mobile phone app via Google Chromecast to my very old television fitted with Amazon Fire Stick

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Yes you can mirror phone/tablet screen or cast a tab from a Chrome browser on a laptop, but this compromises video quality compared to native casting. Anyway time for me to stop banging on! :lol:

Oct 15, 2017
Willis88":ejfz6tx7 said:
it's not too hard to plug a HDMI cable into a Laptop and have the TV as a 2nd screen and show it on there. (HDMI cable is juat £5 on amazon)

Hell, you could even buy a £60 Raspberry Pi and have it permanently behind the TV (I've got that instead of a freesat box and it transmits my satellite feed everywhere in the house - and outside for when I'm on the road with work).

I understand it's frustrating but there are plenty of simple and relatively inexpensive fixes.

I have tried the HDMI cable method and nothing happened.

Oct 15, 2017
I have to say I'm a little bit skeptical about Argyles new media service and I hope I'm wrong.
last season I was able to watch all their games both home and away on ifollow of which I have to say I
had no problems. As a season ticket holder, I can't wait to get back to Home Park but as I can't travel to away games I would still be prepared to pay for the away games for which Argyle would receive a fee.
I personally am not interested in prematch halftime or full-time pundits views I just want to watch the match and form my own opinion. Once again I hope argyle proves me wrong I live in hope.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Pilgrims Progress":fyf450nl said:
Willis88":fyf450nl said:
it's not too hard to plug a HDMI cable into a Laptop and have the TV as a 2nd screen and show it on there. (HDMI cable is juat £5 on amazon)

Hell, you could even buy a £60 Raspberry Pi and have it permanently behind the TV (I've got that instead of a freesat box and it transmits my satellite feed everywhere in the house - and outside for when I'm on the road with work).

I understand it's frustrating but there are plenty of simple and relatively inexpensive fixes.

I have tried the HDMI cable method and nothing happened.

Hmm, your laptop should have recognised it as a 2nd screen, then it's a case of dragging the browser over and job done.

Check the cable and make sure its on the right input on the TV.