Premier Players and associated people | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Premier Players and associated people

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I note that Liverpool have put their Non playing staff on furlough and are being rightly criticised for it. This was designed to save companies from going bust not to allow million/billionaires to pass on their wage bill to the tax payer.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
That's disgusting and not in the spirit of the furlough scheme, especially because Liverpool just announced a £42 million profit in February.
This pandemic has shown the Premier League clubs in a poor light.

A member of staff who works at Liverpool, and did not wish to be named, told BBC Sport: "The club call their staff their family - I'm not feeling like a family member.
"Why is a club that turns over millions of pounds using a government scheme for its staff when other businesses are more in need of it?
"I feel disappointed and I'm feeling that this government scheme could be used by businesses in trouble."

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
PL2 3DQ":39p1ys1b said:
That's disgusting and not in the spirit of the furlough scheme, especially because Liverpool just announced a £42 million profit in February.

A member of staff who works at Liverpool, and did not wish to be named, told BBC Sport: "The club call their staff their family - I'm not feeling like a family member.
"Why is a club that turns over millions of pounds using a government scheme for its staff when other businesses are more in need of it?
"I feel disappointed and I'm feeling that this government scheme could be used by businesses in trouble."

How much is Simon Hallett worth?

Jun 27, 2019
Daz":3sik731r said:
PL2 3DQ":3sik731r said:

Do Argyle turn over millions of pounds?

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
WoodsyGreen":19iwm32f said:
Daz":19iwm32f said:
PL2 3DQ":19iwm32f said:

Yes, do you know the answer to my question?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Burnley chairman Mike Garlick has said they'll go bust in August if the football lock down hasn't ended by then. Seems all PL clubs are keen to get it finished, even if it means behind closed doors.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Jun 27, 2019
Daz":1ff0e79l said:
WoodsyGreen":1ff0e79l said:
Daz":1ff0e79l said:
PL2 3DQ":1ff0e79l said:

Yes, do you know the answer to my question?

No, and I don't understand the relevance of the answer either.

I assume you're implying it should be up to Hallett to pay our staff while the club is making next to no money. He's been a breath of fresh air as owner, but I doubt you'd find many fans who would expect him to fund wages when there's a government scheme in place to do just that.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Also, I think that some people need to understand that just because Argyle have zero debt doesn't mean that we have money.

The two are very, very different.

May 4, 2018
It’s a precarious financial position for many clubs across the whole of the football league and there is no “one size fits all” solution to it.
Football may never be the same as it was before the crisis.
I’ve just had a football fix watching some replays which is improved my mood significantly. I guess we all have days when we’re not feeling good about the crisis and today is mine.

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
Although both clubs have furloughed some of their employees, Argyle’s turnover is 1.45% of Liverpool’s and yet they have made the same commitment to ensuring their staff and players receive full salary for the next three months. To put it another way Liverpool’s turnover is around 70 times that of Argyle’s last reported turnover.

Aug 27, 2019
It isn't just footballers who are out of touch....how about Denise Coates of BET365 - yes, those exploiting the penniless in Africa - who paid herself bonuses of over £400m over the last 2 years....surely ALL PLCs & others with shareholders should fund their own companies rather than 'furloughing' anyone & expecting the taxpayer to pick up the bill. If you take the dividends during the good years then you have to be prepared to put something back.....

Aug 5, 2015
I’m not too fussed about Lineker, Shearer and Wrighty. They were far far better than most of the current crop earning £100k per week or more. And has been pointed out there are far far more wealthier people around than footballers.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Liverpool have seen sense and reversed the decision to use government money to furlough non-playing staff.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":383tg26l said:
Liverpool have seen sense and reversed the decision to use government money to furlough non-playing staff.
You mean buckled under the adverse publicity.

Just Newcastle, Spurs, Bournemouth and Norwich City to go.