Prem raises offer to the EFL to £900m over 6 years | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Prem raises offer to the EFL to £900m over 6 years

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Article

Will be considered by the clubs on March 11th.

It doesn't sounds like much of an improvement. Is the regulator likely to have the ability to do much to even things out equitably, or will they have to swallow this pill?

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Anyone have any insight as to what this means for EFL clubs in the short term? What's next? From the news report I listened to it seems to be a showdown between the new foreign owner that want to run their businesses without any interference. They resent the FPP rules from before, and would like to fight it out in court, possibly against the government's ability to impose any rules on them. I think they might have a good shot at winning, but it would be a massive black-eye for the government. My fear is that while this is being fought, funding to the EFL comes to a stop.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
To me it seems like the PL clubs are dragging their heals and are hoping the EFL clubs say don’t worry about any extra money

Jul 29, 2012
This article is as good as any :

Existing funding will continue.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
10 clubs apparently made clear before the meeting it was no point in voting on it.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
The regulator will end up imposing this deal when they are set up and they’ll be little fanfare. Prem just trying to throw its weight around while it still can.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bournemouth don't want to help EFL clubs!!! They are an EFL club and will return there soon.

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
The EFL want the abolition of parachute payments as these distort the EFL and removes fair competition. .. or so our old friend Ridsdale suggests. So would no parachute payments be a good thing or not ?

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
The EFL want the abolition of parachute payments as these distort the EFL and removes fair competition. .. or so our old friend Ridsdale suggests. So would no parachute payments be a good thing or not ?
We’re too far gone to abolish them. They should be restricted to cover the wage bill with a heavy decrease after year 1 to encourage them to move the high earners on

Steamer

✅ Evergreen
Oct 17, 2008
Essex
Perhaps teams should have a clause in the players contracts along the lines of, if the team gets relegated either the player or the team can cancel the contract. Then teams will not be locked into contracts which cannot be paid for without the help from a parachute payment.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Perhaps teams should have a clause in the players contracts along the lines of, if the team gets relegated either the player or the team can cancel the contract. Then teams will not be locked into contracts which cannot be paid for without the help from a parachute payment.
I wouldn't feel confident in a relegation battle with players who know they can walk out for free if the club goes down.

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
All the clubs have to do is a clause in the players contract that their wages drop if they get relegated. If the clubs are too short sighted to do that then that’s their problem.
The sooner parachute payments are abolished the better.

Reactions: Belfast Green