Pre-Contract Agreements | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pre-Contract Agreements

Apr 22, 2011
Just heard a rumour from my mate that Reid has actually agreeed contracts with 6 players.
Apparently the club will announce the signings of Darren Byfield, Kieran Agard, Hope Akpan, Wayne Carlisle, Jean Calve and Tony Garrod when their transfer embargo is lifted.

Not too sure whether any of these players are actually any good?
:mrgreen:

C

carlos

A good mixture, positions ages and experience.

In Sir PR i trust

Jan 2, 2010
We've googled. :)

Southampton lad, they've got an impressive record with young players.
Ex Torquay and truro player? Interesting.

Everton players, Reid would have contacts there I guess.

And a new Larrieu's mate. :)

C

charlee

Inetersting if true.

We would have a fully capable squad to compete next year IF they gel.

But i dunno yet

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Can't see anyone rushing to join the Home Park squad while we are still asking people to work for 30% of wages. :twisted:

Jul 1, 2008
Southway
matteh.":2gzt49rw said:
Akpan has been on trial at Hull so I doubt that.

Him and Agard would also require compensation as they're under 23 so that adds even more doubt.

I thought that was only when offerd a contract by the former club?

Feb 1, 2010
Ivybridge
As far as i'm aware wayne carlisle has now retired from football as he is now working as head of the football academy at ivybridge community college, he went to truro played one game and decided it wasnt for him

M

MylesPAFC

Our transfer embargo is lifted isn't it? :?

Or do you mean when we get football league status for next year the signings will be confirmed?

M

Marcus The Green

Some interesting names there but we are we even allowed to get people to sign pre-contracts whilst under a transfer embargo?

cheshiregreen":2g1q5vf3 said:
Can't see anyone rushing to join the Home Park squad while we are still asking people to work for 30% of wages. :twisted:
Most potential signings will be coming to the club when we have an income stream....ie gate revenue. So just because we can only afford 30-50% of wages now, it is a different story from July.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Marcus The Green":1uyc5g07 said:
Some interesting names there but we are we even allowed to get people to sign pre-contracts whilst under a transfer embargo?

cheshiregreen":1uyc5g07 said:
Most potential signings will be coming to the club when we have an income stream....ie gate revenue. So just because we can only afford 30-50% of wages now, it is a different story from July.

Interesting thinking BUT

1.how can we fund signing on fees?
2.how much gate revenue do you think will come in for our friendlies in July?
3.don't forget we have to pay the other staff too and other expenditure involved in running the team - remember our HMRC dues etc
4.we still have fletch, arnason, walton and damien johnson probably on salaries c£5-7k a week
5.what do you think the average home crowd will be in League 2 especially given the "ownership fiasco we are going through?

Jan 2, 2010
I did see somewhere that the revenue stream figure was taken from the two previous years figures, although this might have been in relation to any prospective change that was discussed re: reducing the %age of income that could be spent on wages.

M

Marcus The Green

cheshiregreen":38wmanu7 said:
Interesting thinking BUT

1.how can we fund signing on fees?
2.how much gate revenue do you think will come in for our friendlies in July?
3.don't forget we have to pay the other staff too and other expenditure involved in running the team - remember our HMRC dues etc
4.we still have fletch, arnason, walton and damien johnson probably on salaries c£5-7k a week
5.what do you think the average home crowd will be in League 2 especially given the "ownership fiasco we are going through?

1. Ridsdale & Reid will know there is no budget for this & will make this abundantly clear in any negations. A lot of players might be swayed by the size of our club or the location/pace of life if they are after a more settled family environment.
2. Most likely not a lot but when combined with other matchday income, it will all help.
3. Shirt sponsorship, match sponsors, match ball sponsors, replica kit sales....all these things will be in place & help to pay cost of running the club.
4. We do have a few high earners but they might have been asked to agree to a reduced wage. I would hazard a guess that Fletch has done this when he exercised the 12 month extension. Also, all the players you mentioned still could leave the club....I would expect most of our players to have at least one club sniffing around to get a bargain player....Bolasie to Bristol City could just be the start of things to come.
5. That's all guess work but I'd like to think despite the "fiasco", we'd still manage to shift around 3000-3500 season tickets with gates of around 5000-5500 to start with...IF we managed to compete near the top of the league, I can't see any reason why gates would be too much different from last seasons or even higher.

There is always another way things could pan out.......the takeover could actually be completed by July, Ridsdale is given a budget, Peter Reid signs players without any worries, the taxman & all other bills are paid, we are in the top 3 come Christmas & getting average crowds of 9000 :wink:

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
pafc 4eva":3ibntsdd said:
Just heard a rumour from my mate that Reid has actually agreeed contracts with 6 players.
Apparently the club will announce the signings of Darren Byfield, Kieran Agard, Hope Akpan, Wayne Carlisle, Jean Calve and Tony Garrod when their transfer embargo is lifted.

Not too sure whether any of these players are actually any good?
:mrgreen:

My brother in Law is a Walsall fan, he was glad to get shot of Byfield.