PRAISE FOR YOUR FANS | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PRAISE FOR YOUR FANS

A

AROTHERHAMFAN

I would like to give credit to the 633 fans that made the long trip NYS today. You are a credit to your club and even kept behind them when going 1-0 down. Good luck for the rest of season but not when we make the trip to your place :thumbs:

AROTHERHAMFAN":x64trbbk said:
I would like to give credit to the 633 fans that made the long trip NYS today. You are a credit to your club and even kept behind them when going 1-0 down. Good luck for the rest of season but not when we make the trip to your place :thumbs:

Cheers mate, just got back and had a good day despite the result, you lot are a decent bunch of proper football fans as well to be fair :thumbup:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Would I be correct in saying that our support at Rotherham would have been boosted by a good number of exiles? I think we as a club would probably have a larger number of exiles than most clubs with the number of people who leave Devon and Cornwall to seek work or who don't return after university etc. This seems particularly so when we play in the London area. I would think the average person from Rotherham would have less reason to leave the area( cue the comments about a dirty northern sh1thole etc.)with so many large towns and cities in the area to offer employment and so on. I may be completely wrong and don't have any stats to back it up but I do think we gain from a lot of exile away support compared to some teams.

Feb 21, 2011
jerryatricjanner":3s6uuju5 said:
Would I be correct in saying that our support at Rotherham would have been boosted by a good number of exiles? I think we as a club would probably have a larger number of exiles than most clubs with the number of people who leave Devon and Cornwall to seek work or who don't return after university etc. This seems particularly so when we play in the London area. I would think the average person from Rotherham would have less reason to leave the area( cue the comments about a dirty northern sh1thole etc.)with so many large towns and cities in the area to offer employment and so on. I may be completely wrong and don't have any stats to back it up but I do think we gain from a lot of exile away support compared to some teams.
Probably correct but then there are thousands of serving and ex serving forces personnel living in Plymouth and the surrounding area, we also have a rather large university in the city, neither of these seem to boost the away following of many visiting sides by much maybe they all see the light and go back to their grim northern towns as greens dreaming of chance to return to gods country.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
True, the GA numbers are often boosted by exiles like me. However it is also true that when I travel to, say, Accrington, Rochdale or Burton, I am travelling the same distance as Rotherham, Donny or Barnsley fans have to travel to these places and they don't match our overall numbers even though a significant percentage of our support has travelled 5,6,7 hours to get there not just the 1 or 2 hours I/they have to travel.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I actually thought the support was very cringeworthy.
'Your grounds too big for you' hmmmm not really, it was a sensible size and the crowd seemed to fill it quite well, our ground on the other hand is definately too big for us and we want a big new shiny stand in place of the Mayflower!??
'Here there, every effing where, empty seats' hmmmm not really - there were 6000 odd there, which is around what we're getting. Oh and Rotherham kind of has a few other big clubs around it too doesn't it, whereas Plymouth is a city of 250, 000 people and a huge catchment area and we get the same sized crowd.
'Let's pretend we scored a goal' CRINGE
Chanting at 100 miles an hour so that every song just fizzles out within seconds.

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
Dave Langmead":2hecahwu said:
jespafc":2hecahwu said:
newquaygreen":2hecahwu said:
But will you bring 633 with you!

What was the point of that post? If they bring 632 does that affect anything?

especially as, if he brings 633 with him, then that will be 634 in total. i.e. 1 more than we took there!! :scarf:

Our last home game of the season is against Rotherham on Saturday 20th April and as they are one of the favourites to go up they may well bring 633 with them or even more than that for a promotion party!