Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle - the build up

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
djg145":1vjp4k0z said:
cheshiregreen":1vjp4k0z said:
bringonthemilkman":1vjp4k0z said:
Are tickets available on the day?

Should be unless we sell c4,000. (away end capacity)

https://www.pafc.co.uk/matches/fixtures ... 4-sep-19/#

Click on ticket tab of link but costs £2 more to buy on day.

Full squad available to Lowe too. :scarf:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... ssion=true

Sure someone above said there is a limit of 2,000!

Called Port Vale ticket office today and she said that you can buy a ticket for cash on the day.

Oct 20, 2015
Need a result on Saturday. Losing at Northampton and drawing at home to Oldham simply isn't good enough. On paper this squad is one of the best in the league (leaky defence notwithstanding) so anything less than promotion this season should be seen as a failure.

Meanwhile our neighbours up the A38 scoop the Manager of the Month award.

I know I should be patient, I know it's still early days for Lowe, but if we can't win games then we need to learn how to stop conceding until the attacking strategy is properly worked out.

Getting close to the 10 game mark, where it's fair to issue Lowe's first 'school report'. At the moment, I'm giving him a B-. "Shows ability but must do better".

Aug 11, 2013
Desperately need a draw or a win ..... Of course, promotion isn't won in September, but there's a danger of the early season optimism rapidly evaporating if we suffer another defeat.

Wootton and Canavan's clean slate is badly soiled and I cannot see where the next clean sheet is coming from at the moment.

Also think we've been sussed. Press high on the centre backs. Put crosses into our box. Double up defensively on the left. Job done.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Koala Green":s15vuwj1 said:
Called Port Vale ticket office today and she said that you can buy a ticket for cash on the day.

When that says cash, does it mean literally just cash?

I normally would always have tickets already bought for collection, but was stunned at Southend last year (I think) when they didn't take card from away fans at the ticket office and had to find a newsagent half a mile away for an ATM.

Surely a professional football club has to take card for 20-25 quid tickets, unless they're taking cash for tax 'avoidance' purposes.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Biggs":3ljp3r02 said:
Koala Green":3ljp3r02 said:

When that says cash, does it mean literally just cash?

I normally would always have tickets already bought for collection, but was stunned at Southend last year (I think) when they didn't take card from away fans at the ticket office and had to find a newsagent half a mile away for an ATM.

Surely a professional football club has to take card for 20-25 quid tickets, unless they're taking cash for tax 'avoidance' purposes.

Not in port Vales case it is literally cash only on the day no cards phones watches or any other payment methods.

Argyle Nutter":18ix0ko7 said:
Not in port Vales case it is literally cash only on the day no cards phones watches or any other payment methods.

That's fine, my watch didn't cost £22 when new so I doubt if they'd take that in exchange. And anyway, without it I'd be in danger of missing my train home. :shock:

It is quite surprising how some businesses have rapidly become the odd ones out in the move to a cashless society. Last month at the Great Dorset Steam Fair I parted company with more cash in one day than I have in total pretty much all year - reason there was too weak mobile signal to enable card readers to be reliably used. Maybe Port Vale have some banking glitchery that means cards are not an option currently.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Wotton is God":nxgqkxaz said:
Argyle Nutter":nxgqkxaz said:

That's fine, my watch didn't cost £22 when new so I doubt if they'd take that in exchange. And anyway, without it I'd be in danger of missing my train home. :shock:

It is quite surprising how some businesses have rapidly become the odd ones out in the move to a cashless society. Last month at the Great Dorset Steam Fair I parted company with more cash in one day than I have in total pretty much all year - reason there was too weak mobile signal to enable card readers to be reliably used. Maybe Port Vale have some banking glitchery that means cards are not an option currently.

It makes it easier of course to stuff a £50 note into the toe of a player's boot, just like before the Jimmy Hill era, :shock:

Sep 6, 2006
arrythewurzel":2huxi96p said:
Desperately need a draw or a win ..... Of course, promotion isn't won in September, but there's a danger of the early season optimism rapidly evaporating if we suffer another defeat.

Wootton and Canavan's clean slate is badly soiled and I cannot see where the next clean sheet is coming from at the moment.

Also think we've been sussed. Press high on the centre backs. Put crosses into our box. Double up defensively on the left. Job done.

I agree. Defeat today would suggest the Northampton result and Newport were not just 'blips' but that there are fundamental issues with the team. Personally I think we miss a powerful central Midfield enforcer to protect the defence especially away from home.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Wotton is God":1molfdm7 said:
It is quite surprising how some businesses have rapidly become the odd ones out in the move to a cashless society. Last month at the Great Dorset Steam Fair I parted company with more cash in one day than I have in total pretty much all year - reason there was too weak mobile signal to enable card readers to be reliably used.

Haha - good excuse! Dodgy "traders" doing cash in hand deals, more like! We always double check our outbuildings are secure and tie up the farm gates in the days leading up to the fair ....

Anyway, back on topic ..! As said above we really could do with a result today to arrest the dip. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a shake up of the defence. I'll predict a 1-1 draw but really hope for a win.