Plymouth Argyle Weekly News #1 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Weekly News #1

Wembury Pilgrim

✅ Evergreen
Dec 15, 2020
Bali Mumba very complimentary in the pink un article. Really got his head screwed on right and will go far. Think there’s a hint of admiration for Schuey there too. Wonder if any of his (now) current and future managers will engender the same enthusiasm and quality from him? Just saying 😉

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Bali Mumba very complimentary in the pink un article. Really got his head screwed on right and will go far. Think there’s a hint of admiration for Schuey there too. Wonder if any of his (now) current and future managers will engender the same enthusiasm and quality from him? Just saying 😉
Felt emotional reading that. I think he'd come here if the stars aligned.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Agree. Does Bali want to be 'educated' into the Norwich way? Let's see
I cannot imagine less contrasting players in Norwich's apparent new signing Ashley Barnes and the returning Bali Mumba. The danger in playing Bali in an advancing forward position is that his crosses would get into the opposition's penalty area before the slowing Ashley get's there. Ashley is a Luke Jephcott type of player living off scraps in the final eighth of the pitch, but with more experience in able to 'rattle' defenders.

Reactions: SurreyJanner
Feb 13, 2021
I cannot imagine less contrasting players in Norwich's apparent new signing Ashley Barnes and the returning Bali Mumba. The danger in playing Bali in an advancing forward position is that his crosses would get into the opposition's penalty area before the slowing Ashley get's there. Ashley is a Luke Jephcott type of player living off scraps in the final eighth of the pitch, but with more experience in able to 'rattle' defenders.
Jephcott couldnt feed off a full meal let alone scraps.

Last edited:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
He was a flash in the pan. Cart horse. Slow, awful control, couldn’t head. Finishing ok for a few games But also missed hat fulls. Why do you think we dont want him or Swindon? Good luck to him with his future hes still young so hopefully turns it around.

Blimey. That's over the top, a bit of respect and thanks wouldn't go amiss.

Apr 30, 2011
I doubt thar Bali played as a wing back during his youth career given that most clubs played with 4 at the back. It's only been the last few years where this has become popular again. I think his defensive weaknesses are that he is exposed positionally, this is common for many wing backs due to the attacking nature of the position. He is a better WB than FB but I think he can, or will learn to, play as an FB. If he doesn't, he will become a winger.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Felt emotional reading that. I think he'd come here if the stars aligned.

Isn’t Mumba on an £18,000 a week contract at Norwich currently???

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Reactions: NLG

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I doubt thar Bali played as a wing back during his youth career given that most clubs played with 4 at the back. It's only been the last few years where this has become popular again. I think his defensive weaknesses are that he is exposed positionally, this is common for many wing backs due to the attacking nature of the position. He is a better WB than FB but I think he can, or will learn to, play as an FB. If he doesn't, he will become a winger.

I genuinely don’t think Bali is anywhere good enough to play Left Full Back. He’s just not a great defender. Give him the ball in the opponents half however and he’s a different prospect in an attacking sense.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Isn’t Mumba on an £18,000 a week contract at Norwich currently???
I've no idea. I doubt Mumba's wages are in the public domain. Obviously if he is on this kind of money, it's very doubtful he'll take a £10k a week pay cut, or whatever.