Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Transfer Rumour Round-up

C

Cult Of Personality

plymgreen94":1bvvpo58 said:
Just a few names I have seen from some of the retained lists lately that stand out

Niall Mason - Peterborough
Louis Reed - Peterborough
Sam Finley - Fleetwood
Josh Ginnelly - Preston/Hearts
Luke Leahy - Bristol Rovers
Max Biamou - Coventry
Amadou Bakayoko - Coventry
Jaden Brown - Huddersfield
Sean Goss - Shrewsbury
Ro-Shaun Williams - Shrewsbury

Josh Ginnelly tore us apart when he played for Walsall .. Would love to see him at Argyle.

Ro Shaun Williams would be a great CB signing . Big Strong and can play from the back .

Two players would love to see at Argyle.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Bristol City have released:

Hakeeb Adelakun
Nathan Baker
Famara Diédhiou
Jack Hunt
Henri Lansbury
Adrian Mariappa
Jamie Paterson
Tommy Rowe
Liam Walsh
Marley Watkins

That’s a lot of good players. I still remember Liam Walsh tearing us apart for Yeovil a few years ago.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Feb 23, 2006
I think the EFL is going to be somewhat different from previous years with the Covid situation hitting finances. Theres going to be many clubs struggling to pay wage bills never mind recruiting new players even a Free transfer costs money ,signing on fee relocation fees etc. I think Clubs other than the super rich are going to look long and hard at recruitment. Yes there may be bargains to be found, Argyle on the whole have had mixed fortunes over the years recruiting players, we seem to have gone for players that perhaps not 100% fit carrying a long term injury or living on past glories, not much home grown talent coming through or not up to standards required. I think its going to be a hard awakening for lots of clubs and certainly players looking for new clubs due to financial pressures. All I can say lets hope Lowe and company get it right. We are very lucky to have a Chairman whose money has helped keep the club afloat,just how longer will he do so ?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
RKB":3smefmur said:
Paranoid Android":3smefmur said:

Having spent a minute or so on there, let's have a first choice back 4 of Andre Wisdom, James Chester, Nathan Baker and Greg Cunningham please!!
Well, a boy can dream..
But a cheaper version of that would be perfect, and obviously more realistic.

James Chester would be ideal. Great ball playing centre half. Would fit Lowes style perfectly. :thumbup:

graygreen":2sq65s2a said:
I think the EFL is going to be somewhat different from previous years with the Covid situation hitting finances. Theres going to be many clubs struggling to pay wage bills never mind recruiting new players even a Free transfer costs money ,signing on fee relocation fees etc. I think Clubs other than the super rich are going to look long and hard at recruitment. Yes there may be bargains to be found, Argyle on the whole have had mixed fortunes over the years recruiting players, we seem to have gone for players that perhaps not 100% fit carrying a long term injury or living on past glories, not much home grown talent coming through or not up to standards required. I think its going to be a hard awakening for lots of clubs and certainly players looking for new clubs due to financial pressures. All I can say lets hope Lowe and company get it right. We are very lucky to have a Chairman whose money has helped keep the club afloat,just how longer will he do so ?

I agree.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
graygreen":2vfz7a5r said:

He won`t.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
JannerinCardiff":8sqs23gk said:
RKB":8sqs23gk said:
Paranoid Android":8sqs23gk said:

Having spent a minute or so on there, let's have a first choice back 4 of Andre Wisdom, James Chester, Nathan Baker and Greg Cunningham please!!
Well, a boy can dream..

James Chester would be ideal. Great ball playing centre half. Would fit Lowes style perfectly. :thumbup:
He’s an ‘old boy’ so he’ll know how to get here.

Dec 30, 2011
davie nine":2jaw4vle said:
JannerinCardiff":2jaw4vle said:
RKB":2jaw4vle said:
Paranoid Android":2jaw4vle said:

Well, a boy can dream..

Didnt he play for us on loan in the televised match v Leicester when Mpenza got the winner ? we might have stayed up if he'd stayed fit and played till the end of the season;

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
greensalt":14hk5osf said:
davie nine":14hk5osf said:
JannerinCardiff":14hk5osf said:
RKB":14hk5osf said:
Paranoid Android":14hk5osf said:

Well, a boy can dream..

Didnt he play for us on loan in the televised match v Leicester when Mpenza got the winner ? we might have stayed up if he'd stayed fit and played till the end of the season;

He was certainly briefly on loan at Argyle but I could not tell you the games in which he played.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
greensalt":33dt84gp said:
He’s an ‘old boy’ so he’ll know how to get here.[/quote]

Didnt he play for us on loan in the televised match v Leicester when Mpenza got the winner ? we might have stayed up if he'd stayed fit and played till the end of the season;[/quote]

Don't know what match you are thinking of, but Mpenza never scored against Leicester. That televised game - our first encounter with Holloway - was in Feb 2008 and the winner was scored by Halmosi. Chester's brief spell was September 2009 - a full year after that match. He only played in three matches - a televised defeat to Forest and wins over Peterborough and Scunthorpe.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
greensalt":2uluel6b said:
davie nine":2uluel6b said:
JannerinCardiff":2uluel6b said:
RKB":2uluel6b said:
Paranoid Android":2uluel6b said:

Well, a boy can dream..