Player of the Year announcement (merged) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Player of the Year announcement (merged)

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Of course it’s not. I have enjoyed being rinsed the last 3 years, but I was kicked out of my seat as they were going to make more money from it (x4) next season and it seems by the social media posts that they don’t have those people lined up to rinse. 🙄

I am still available if the club would like to rinse me at a sensible price though.
Ok, that would upset me as well.

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Of course it’s not. I have enjoyed being rinsed the last 3 years, but I was kicked out of my seat as they were going to make more money from it (x4) next season and it seems by the social media posts that they don’t have those people lined up to rinse. 🙄

I am still available if the club would like to rinse me at a sensible price though.
Think we’ve been clear on other threads about the seat moves, and we’ve done our best to make sure those impacted are given value elsewhere. Sorry you still feel annoyed by this.

We never want anyone to feel “rinsed” and benchmark everything we do to ensure value vs income. We also try our best to add value in other areas where we can, such as, replacing your son’s training top free of charge when he had it stolen at the ground.

CK

Oct 10, 2018
For our club that likes rinsing fans of our money I’m surprised there isn’t a big awards dinner in the lounge. (Maybe they thought we were going down?)
It's called business or marketing, you may have heard of those little words.

How fo you think clubs bring in capital or revenues, or do you believe in.unicorns and the tooth fairy

Nov 22, 2018
Well earned Morgan. Our top goalscorer at this level since...? Shame about March onward, but he played a crucial part in how enjoyable this season was. He has given us plenty of memories, I won't begrudge him moving on to progress his career.

Jul 12, 2016
Great season from Whittaker, hope he stays and Ashley did well for us - I think he'd have done even better if Foster wasn't in charge for those (almost) 3 months.
If it wasn't for Foster I doubt Phillips would have been with us in the first place.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Think we’ve been clear on other threads about the seat moves, and we’ve done our best to make sure those impacted are given value elsewhere. Sorry you still feel annoyed by this.

We never want anyone to feel “rinsed” and benchmark everything we do to ensure value vs income. We also try our best to add value in other areas where we can, such as, replacing your son’s training top free of charge when he had it stolen at the ground.

CK
Of course I’m still annoyed about being moved away from my mates and I do appreciate the efforts made to try and make things better, but I will always feel aggrieved by it as we don’t just go home games together we travel the country supporting Argyle - that group is now being broken up at home games which is annoying.

I do think it was an opportunity missed to not have an event for the players of the year awards though.

I’m also very grateful for your help with my sons top Christian, I said just the day before yesterday to quite a few people (who can verify on here) how great you are for the club even if I do disagree with what's happened to me and it’s a shame you’re not in charge of the department that my mate has a big issue with as I know you would have sorted it by now.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003

How fo you think clubs bring in capital or revenues, or do you believe in.unicorns and the tooth fairy
Jeez, business lessons from montybulldog. 😂 I was pointing out they could have made more money by doing an awards night. Well done on missing the point though!

ArgyleOfficial

Plymouth Argyle Football Club
May 13, 2020
Let me know if I can help with the other issue via email.
Of course I’m still annoyed about being moved away from my mates and I do appreciate the efforts made to try and make things better, but I will always feel aggrieved by it as we don’t just go home games together we travel the country supporting Argyle - that group is now being broken up at home games which is annoying.

I do think it was an opportunity missed to not have an event for the players of the year awards though.

I’m also very grateful for your help with my sons top Christian, I said just the day before yesterday to quite a few people (who can verify on here) how great you are for the club and it’s a shame you’re not in charge of the department that my mate has a big issue with as I know you would have sorted it by now.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley

Daz is a successful businessman, be very careful.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth

Rinsing your customers seems to be the preferred business model these days, but I’ve found that looking after your customers is far more beneficial, especially when you rely on repeat business.

Reactions: Daz and PL2 3DQ
Mar 21, 2011
@ArgyleOfficial could you comment on why there was no awards evening? As someone who has attended the last few years, I was looking forward to attending again this year.