Play-Off Semi-Final Dates (asking for friends…) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play-Off Semi-Final Dates (asking for friends…)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Obviously, I’ve no personal interest whatsoever in the answer to the question I am about to ask… lets just say that I have two friends who are trying to make arrangements for a big event on Saturday 13th May and they don’t want to commit to that and then find that the team’s they follow have an important fixture that they can’t get to… one of them is an old friend from Iceland called Bjarni Owlsson and the other, John Deere, hails from the east of England…

What they need to know is when the League 1 play-off semi-finals will be played (really, whether there is likely to be a second leg match on Saturday 13th).

Despite my own lack of interest in the topic I thought I’d see whether the PASOTI hive mind has any thoughts or information on this. My own thinking is that with the regular League 1 season finishing on Sunday 7th May the earliest that the first legs of the semi-finals could possibly be played would be on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th May with the second legs on Sunday 14th and Monday 15th May. Surely it would be far too little notice/gap to play on the Sunday and then start the semi-final matches on Wednesday 10th with a second leg on the Saturday 13th? Can anyone provide any reassurance? It’d be bad enough for them to have to suffer the play-offs after the season that their teams have had but even worse if they find that they can’t attend the crucial second leg because of another commitment…

;)

May 22, 2006
Obviously, I’ve no personal interest whatsoever in the answer to the question I am about to ask… lets just say that I have two friends who are trying to make arrangements for a big event on Saturday 13th May and they don’t want to commit to that and then find that the team’s they follow have an important fixture that they can’t get to… one of them is an old friend from Iceland called Bjarni Owlsson and the other, John Deere, hails from the east of England…

What they need to know is when the League 1 play-off semi-finals will be played (really, whether there is likely to be a second leg match on Saturday 13th).

Despite my own lack of interest in the topic I thought I’d see whether the PASOTI hive mind has any thoughts or information on this. My own thinking is that with the regular League 1 season finishing on Sunday 7th May the earliest that the first legs of the semi-finals could possibly be played would be on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th May with the second legs on Sunday 14th and Monday 15th May. Surely it would be far too little notice/gap to play on the Sunday and then start the semi-final matches on Wednesday 10th with a second leg on the Saturday 13th? Can anyone provide any reassurance? It’d be bad enough for them to have to suffer the play-offs after the season that their teams have had but even worse if they find that they can’t attend the crucial second leg because of another commitment…

;)
According to Goal:

The League One play-off games usually commence a week after the regular season ends, so the semi-finals are expected to be played on the weekend of May 13/14.

Final is Monday 29th.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
According to Goal:

The League One play-off games usually commence a week after the regular season ends, so the semi-finals are expected to be played on the weekend of May 13/14.

Final is Monday 29th.
Yes, I found this (for them) also, but they can’t play both legs in two days over the weekend.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
League One

Friday, 12 May: Semi-final, first leg - 6th v 3rd (20:00 BST)

Saturday, 13 May: Semi-final, first leg - 5th v 4th (15:00 BST)

Saturday, 20 May: Semi-final, second leg - 3rd v 6th (12:30 BST)

Saturday, 20 May: Semi-final, second leg - 4th v 5th (15:00 BST)

Monday, 29 May: Final (15:00 BST)

Reactions: The Doctor

SMG

Oct 22, 2021
Crap timings for the team that finishes 3rd

They have to go away to 6th place team for a 8pm kick off under the lights and then the return game at home is a midday kick off :poop:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I'm putting this on the Football Forum.

Absolutely of no interest to ANY Argyle fan. o_O
I will predict, if Wednesday were to fall on their sword in the play-offs then loads of Argyle fans will show an interest and send their condolences the The Owls via PASOTI 😂