Phillips and Devine | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Phillips and Devine

Aug 30, 2006
That’s quite a handicap to impose on ourselves. Without the contributions from the loan players this season we would have been relegated. All clubs utilise the loan market as a way to sign players that would otherwise be outside of their budget.
...it's also in the name....loan signing!

Reactions: Moorlander

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Spurs spent £2m on him last summer, and would probably value him higher than that now.

Why? I didn't think he pulled up any trees. In fact he made a lot of costly errors.

Reactions: oldage

subbuteo

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
I think Phillips would be a good addition. We'd need to be cheeky and bid very low with sell on fees and maybe a buy back clause. Placing big money on him now would be a risk imo.

Feb 22, 2022
In racehorse parlance, Phillips should and will 'train on' hugely for his Argyle experience. But his quality of passing certainly needs to improve too. Would certainly have both him and Devine back so long as we can also address the need for some added physicality and athleticism.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2017
Was it just me? I always was very uneasy when he 'played the ball' to a teammate? He looked awkward on the ball, also got caught out the 'wrong side'.....twice against Hull in the first half I thought he fouled the opponent in a desperate attempt to get back. There are other sides of his game that are very good, for balance. So yes to a return to see if these issues can be coached.

Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
I noticed at the hull game that Philips brought out an item that looked the shape of a toothpaste tube, I’m guessing it was some sort of energy supplement, and also towards the end Gibson ran to the bench and got another one for him. Is he diabetic?

Jul 12, 2016
Was it just me? I always was very uneasy when he 'played the ball' to a teammate? He looked awkward on the ball, also got caught out the 'wrong side'.....twice against Hull in the first half I thought he fouled the opponent in a desperate attempt to get back. There are other sides of his game that are very good, for balance. So yes to a return to see if these issues can be coached.
Glad I’m not the only one. We know he has the pedigree but so did Foster. In my mind he is what he is a very good 18 year old but just not up to the rigours of championship.

Reactions: Greenfrom83
Jul 12, 2016
Love it, 18 YO lad from a Premier league team loaned out to learn his trade and get some experience and probably play in the PL and for England maybe.

Some fans: BLEDDY REBBISH!!!!

Jeez
Wouldn’t argue with any of that but he isn’t ready for the championship yet.

Aug 30, 2006
I noticed at the hull game that Philips brought out an item that looked the shape of a toothpaste tube, I’m guessing it was some sort of energy supplement, and also towards the end Gibson ran to the bench and got another one for him. Is he diabetic?
.....one of the best centre halves this country has ever seen, Gary Mabbutt played all of his professional career with diabetes Type 1. Never stopped him becoming a great player.
Lots of player take on energy supplements could just be one of those.

Reactions: Ipplepen green