Peter Ridsdale on EFL Board | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Peter Ridsdale on EFL Board

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
And they wonder why the lower leagues are in crisis??

If Risdale is the answer, I shudder to what the question was.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I doubt that he was elected by ballot?

Club representation on the EFL board is voted for by the 24 clubs in their respective divisions and the make-up comprises of three directors from the Championship, two directors from League One and one from League Two.

Ridsdale has been elected by the Championship to represent that Division.

Sheesh!!😳

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Club representation on the EFL board is voted for by the 24 clubs in their respective divisions and the make-up comprises of three directors from the Championship, two directors from League One and one from League Two.

Ridsdale has been elected by the Championship to represent that Division.

Sheesh!!😳
I stand very corrected. Do you know the remuneration, perchance?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I doubt that he was elected by ballot?

Sheesh!!😳
I stand very corrected. Do you know the remuneration, perchance?
Free subscription to Holiday Walking magazine??

• Haha
Reactions: Melbourne Mark
Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY

Sheesh!!😳

Free subscription to Holiday Walking magazine??
Perhaps a discount on Ramblers Holidays in Devon?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I thought he had been banned from ANY Directorship for ten years?!

I stand corrected:-

I love business 'ethics' where someone banned from being a Company Director for years for some (presumably) dodgy doings is considered a 'fit and proper person' (cough) to represent EFL clubs in an honest, ethical and non self-seeking way!! Someone for us all to look up to?? (Question is what will he do on or over you whilst you're looking up?).
Different world!!

Reactions: Topboy
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I love business 'ethics' where someone banned from being a Company Director for years for some (presumably) dodgy doings is considered a 'fit and proper person' (cough) to represent EFL clubs in an honest, ethical and non self-seeking way!! Someone for us all to look up to?? (Question is what will he do on or over you whilst you're looking up?).
Different world!!

Roles like this is more about power and self-interest than wanting to be someone people look up to.

Other than Rick Parry (who we all know still is in love with the big 6 when he supported Project Big Picture) who else do we know on the board?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
The championship clubs are obviously looking up to Risdale to represent them on the board,as a fit and proper person.As Poogle says ...a banned director one minute...a fit and proper person the next?....Ha Ha...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Quite a character and no mistake. All I will say is he lives and breathes football.

Oct 5, 2013
On the other hand as I recall it, he was in charge during the period when we survived as a club, so not everything he has turned his hand to should be thought of as tainted in some way....