Pasoti Young Player of the Season? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Pasoti Young Player of the Season?

Pasoti Young Player of the Season

• Michael Cooper

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • Will Mannion

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Cameron Sangster

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • Alex Fletcher

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Zak Vyner

Votes: 178 77.4%
  • Jordan Bentley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Callum Rose

• Alex Battle

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Aaron Taylor

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Dan Rooney

• Sam Ryan

• Ryan Law

• Harry Downing

• Luke Jephcott

• Matt Ward

• Billy Craske

• Harry Hodges

• Elliott Crawford

• Klaidi Lolos

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Andrew Burn

• Aaron Goulty

• Michael Peck

• Rio Garside

• Adam Randell

• Tom Purrington

• Max Childs

• Total voters

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Vyner by default for his contribution to the first team.

Don't personally see how there can be any other choice.

When we had Norris, Buzsaky etc I always considered them one of us. If they play like it they should be.

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Must be Vyner...plugged a gaping gap once Ryan Edwards was sidelined....without him it would have to be Songo'o and all though willing it ain't his best position.

999mattyg

āœ… Evergreen
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Vyner was included in the vote so mine goes to him regardless of him being a loan player. If he wasn't included it would have gone to Cooper.

Jul 29, 2010
999mattyg":9qe3wwtx said:
Vyner was included in the vote so mine goes to him regardless of him being a loan player. If he wasn't included it would have gone to Cooper.
...and that's the thing, I don't think he should've been included.

Taking nothing away from Zak, he fully deserves his inevitable loan player accolade :clap:

But this category should surely be for OUR youth prospects. A lot of gripes are heard about them not being given much of a look in, overlooked perhaps by the management (personally I see it as a meritocracy so don't grumble). With this prize being our one opportunity to recognise home grown talent you'd have thought this category would be reserved for the purposes of championing and promoting Argyle's young players. No?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
X Isle":19zcfv5v said:
999mattyg":19zcfv5v said:
...and that's the thing, I don't think he should've been included.

Taking nothing away from Zak, he fully deserves his inevitable loan player accolade :clap:

But this category should surely be for OUR youth prospects. A lot of gripes are heard about them not being given much of a look in, overlooked perhaps by the management (personally I see it as a meritocracy so don't grumble). With this prize being our one opportunity to recognise home grown talent you'd have thought this category would be reserved for the purposes of championing and promoting Argyle's young players. No?

If you feel that way don't vote for Vyner, I went for Cooper. I followed the criteria set by the club and as mentioned earlier Garita won the official club vote for YPOTS last season.

Jul 29, 2010
I didn't.

I don't feel Garita should've been on there last season either, that validates nothing.

Once a loan player of the season catagory was introduced, other clubs players, who will inevitably be first teamers, shouldn't push our lads out of the running for this poll.

To be clear, if the club has set the criteria the fault lies at the door of the club, I lay none at your door Ian.

PASOTI could though, nonetheless, be the driver for change and not follow the club's criteria in future.

Nov 25, 2015
Vyner - This wasnā€™t even close, which is a shame as it shows how little an impact the young homegrown players have had this season.

Aug 5, 2016
Zak Vyner is 20 years old. Other lads his age are still at university and Tony Blair was Prime Minister when he was born. I think he's perfectly eligible for YPOTY, and I wouldn't like to go into the playoff stretch without him. You don't see many players at his age so outstandingly talented. He's had a colossal impact on our season and his partnership with Bradley is very assured.

Oct 31, 2015
Knibbsworth":1gzged9b said:
Zak Vyner is 20 years old. Other lads his age are still at university and Tony Blair was Prime Minister when he was born. I think he's perfectly eligible for YPOTY, and I wouldn't like to go into the playoff stretch without him. You don't see many players at his age so outstandingly talented. He's had a colossal impact on our season and his partnership with Bradley is very assured.

I dont often agree with Knibbsworth but I do on this occasion. Although Vyner is on loan he has shown the standard our 20 year olds should be at. I do wonder what Brizzle have on the bench as CB cover if this lad could go out on loan.

Cooper would have got my vote if Vyner was not on this caregory.

Feb 28, 2016
rsp4":3egfdx0f said:
Knibbsworth":3egfdx0f said:

I dont often agree with Knibbsworth but I do on this occasion. Although Vyner is on loan he has shown the standard our 20 year olds should be at. I do wonder what Brizzle have on the bench as CB cover if this lad could go out on loan.

Cooper would have got my vote if Vyner was not on this caregory.

And who are our 20 year olds? Only we donā€™t have any do we? !

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
MarkMatthews":2m7mtwdb said:
rsp4":2m7mtwdb said:
Although Vyner is on loan he has shown the standard our 20 year olds should be at. I do wonder what Brizzle have on the bench as CB cover if this lad could go out on loan.

And who are our 20 year olds? Only we donā€™t have any do we? !

Didnt you say they leave because they don't get first team opportunities?

Vyner is a patient lad making the most of any chance. He's not a first teamer at Bristol City, though I suspect that may change.

Aug 5, 2015
I know that Vyner will clearly win this poll and also the one for Loan Player of the year which is why I think we should stick to our own. Vyner wonā€™t be here next season. So my vote goes to Cooper who stepped up when needed and has made the grade. Heā€™s one of our own!

Feb 28, 2016
I will admit that personally I find it depressing (whilst expected) that Vyner is so far out in front.

But I think he should be included because he meets the criteria and I see why people want to vote for him. In future I wouldnā€™t like to see loan players included, if (unlike the club, we offer a Loan PotS award.)

The PASOTI YPOTS had nothing like this field last season, I remember wanting to vote for Jack Calver but I couldnā€™t anywhere. Itā€™s nice for the likes of Law, Battle, Craske and Lolos to see they are appreciated and havenā€™t gone unnoticed. Ok, a lot will get no votes but with so many going to high profile players such as Vyner, Cooper and Fletch that is nothing to lose sleep over! I applaud the site for requesting a list of apprentices up from me, to give us the choice. I donā€™t believe Iā€™ve missed anyone out, although sincere apologies if I have!