PASB Election - candidate Tony Hooper/Cholwell | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASB Election - candidate Tony Hooper/Cholwell

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Lee Jameson":1yt82nyv said:
You need to look at the bigger picture, the Trust can not say they are independent of the club when they ask to use there facilities free of charge.

Are you seriously running that argument?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
monkeywrench":2201sl3b said:
Lee Jameson":2201sl3b said:
You need to look at the bigger picture, the Trust can not say they are independent of the club when they ask to use there facilities free of charge.

I would say we're all Argyle fans and none of us is truely "independent of the club".

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
David_Fisher":c6u2d5bi said:
monkeywrench":c6u2d5bi said:
Lee Jameson":c6u2d5bi said:

I would say we're all Argyle fans and none of us is truely "independent of the club".

I would agree with that completely, David.

Also, there are times that I feel we all lose sight of what must surely be our ultimate aim here; to help Plymouth Argyle be as successful as is possible.

I sometimes worry that we're fighting fights that largely ignore this aim, generated in chief by the instant nature of internet argument, where battle lines are drawn before we've put any thought as to who's the enemy.

Or indeed, whether there is an enemy.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
JonB":341oqf03 said:
David_Fisher":341oqf03 said:
monkeywrench":341oqf03 said:
Lee Jameson":341oqf03 said:

I would agree with that completely, David.

Also, there are times that I feel we all lose sight of what must surely be our ultimate aim here; to help Plymouth Argyle be as successful as is possible.

I sometimes worry that we're fighting fights that largely ignore this aim, generated in chief by the instant nature of internet argument, where battle lines are drawn before we've put any thought as to who's the enemy.

Or indeed, whether there is an enemy.

Jon/David, I'm not going to argue with either of you on that wider point.

My issue is with Lee's assertion that the Trust cannot be independent because it uses the club's facilities from time to time. It's a non argument and I can't believe he's run with it.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
jerryatricjanner":1rjybz2z said:
Of course very few will make a fuss Tony as very few are interested in the PASB. That doesn't make it right that kids have voted in the process, nor does it change the fact that John Petrie was the the only one with the integrity to stand down rather than be elected in such ridiculous circumstances. You come across to me as desperate to get on this board by whatever means. I fear it will be little more than a talking shop for a dozen fans who will have little influence if any on any major decisions made by the club and I think it will be far less representative of the fan base as a whole than the trust.We already have a supporters trust which is independent of the club despite Lee's little jibe about the gazebo, why we need this extra fan's body I fail to see.

Jerry (great name by the way:))

To be honest, to date the PASB has not come out smelling of roses and thats before it is formed. Its birth has been somewhat taumatic and not an easy delivery. But on Sunday the for 6 of 8 the waiting comes to an end, shortly followed by the 6 supporters group nominations.. if you read any of my posts on this matter I have chastised the organisation as it has felt at times an act tof sabotage was working away. I probably now accept the "cock up" theory.

I am interested in your assertion that I come across as desperate. I wonder if you would be kind enough to articulate this thought and state if we have ever met and discussed it. I have made no secret of my whole hearted support for the idea of the PASB, I have stood for election and honest enough to say I did that with an intention of being elected, not to miss out. If I do, so be it. it will not change me, I am still a Member and will play an active part in supporting my team in other ways. I will still be vocal, like you, in supporting what I think good and chastising what I think bad.

However, because you dont "get it" is no reason to do/not do anything. Sometimes to see you have to look and make sure its in the right direction.

p.s. I see Tim Chown is still urging Trust members to stand for election to the Trust Board, perhaps you could apply to articulate your angst. Or would you consider that desperate?

L

Lee Jameson

I have said from the moment the Trust was formed that it is OK to be indepedant from the club, but it is also important that the Trust work with the club.

It is not correct that the Trust is independent of the club as they have had meetings with them and use the club facilities. Take a look at the London Branch we work with other bodies including the club and if we did not it would be harder for PASALB to function.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
So they're not independent because they have meetings with the club and sometimes use their facilities. Wow, interesting view that!!!!

Tony, apologies for being off topic. You had my nomination and vote.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
monkeywrench":30221iti said:
So they're not independent because they have meetings with the club and sometimes use their facilities. Wow, interesting view that!!!!

I thank you very much (for going off topic and the vote:))

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
tonycholwell":1btsbt4x said:
jerryatricjanner":1btsbt4x said:
Of course very few will make a fuss Tony as very few are interested in the PASB. That doesn't make it right that kids have voted in the process, nor does it change the fact that John Petrie was the the only one with the integrity to stand down rather than be elected in such ridiculous circumstances. You come across to me as desperate to get on this board by whatever means. I fear it will be little more than a talking shop for a dozen fans who will have little influence if any on any major decisions made by the club and I think it will be far less representative of the fan base as a whole than the trust.We already have a supporters trust which is independent of the club despite Lee's little jibe about the gazebo, why we need this extra fan's body I fail to see.

Jerry (great name by the way:))

To be honest, to date the PASB has not come out smelling of roses and thats before it is formed. Its birth has been somewhat taumatic and not an easy delivery. But on Sunday the for 6 of 8 the waiting comes to an end, shortly followed by the 6 supporters group nominations.. if you read any of my posts on this matter I have chastised the organisation as it has felt at times an act tof sabotage was working away. I probably now accept the "cock up" theory.
I am interested in your assertion that I come across as desperate. I wonder if you would be kind enough to articulate this thought and state if we have ever met and discussed it. I have made no secret of my whole hearted support for the idea of the PASB, I have stood for election and honest enough to say I did that with an intention of being elected, not to miss out. If I do, so be it. it will not change me, I am still a Member and will play an active part in supporting my team in other ways. I will still be vocal, like you, in supporting what I think good and chastising what I think bad.

However, because you dont "get it" is no reason to do/not do anything. Sometimes to see you have to look and make sure its in the right direction.

p.s. I see Tim Chown is still urging Trust members to stand for election to the Trust Board, perhaps you could apply to articulate your angst. Or would you consider that desperate?
Tony, At least you have moved from a little hiccup to a probable cock up. To me it is a major cock up that someone from the club provided the ER people with names of very young children to vote. The fact that these people have voted, albeit through their parents in most cases is fundementantly wrong to be a true democratic ele ction for the PASB. A halt should have been called immediately and if not the candidates should have done what John Petrie did as to me at least it was the only morally correct thing to do, making all the subsequent waffle and justification to continue with it just that. Desperate may have been a little strong, very keen more appropriate perhaps, your keenness to me comes across stronger than your integrity on this one, just my opinion and reading of it, I don't need to have met you and discussed it with you to form that opinion. You appeared and disappeared equally quickly electioneering on ATD which I found strange as well. I have no angst as you call it Tony and am not losing any sleep over it simply passing comment on how I see the process. Finally, why might I consider it desperate to offer myself for election to any body that has a properly run democratic process in place, you have lost me on thet one I'm afraid.

L

Lee Jameson

monkeywrench":17mqrw8u said:

The Trust can not be totally independent of the club, not the AFT not any Trust can you not see that?

It is misguided to say that they are totally independent!

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Children can vote. POTD adults cant vote. What a total shambles. If the club are serious about fan engaging with the board then this needs to be organised, doen properyl and allow ALL supporters of Argyle to vote. Any board set up under the current system has no madate from the supporters.

Since Brent came in I have seen zero improvement in the amatuer way the club is organised, and I am really disapointed. I expected the club to take a new professional approach.

L

Lee Jameson

Womble":36sikgx3 said:
Children can vote. POTD adults cant vote. What a total shambles. If the club are serious about fan engaging with the board then this needs to be organised, doen properyl and allow ALL supporters of Argyle to vote. Any board set up under the current system has no madate from the supporters.

Since Brent came in I have seen zero improvement in the amatuer way the club is organised, and I am really disapointed. I expected the club to take a new professional approach.

You see no improvement?

OK The PASB has not had a good start but sure it will sort it's self out!
Different types of memberships to cater for all
Directors and players engaging with supporters groups never happened under the old guard!
Newsletters from the management team.

Tht is just four things that have changed!

Rome was not built in a day!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Lee Jameson":2ikzbjx0 said:
monkeywrench":2ikzbjx0 said:

The Trust can not be totally independent of the club, not the AFT not any Trust can you not see that?

It is misguided to say that they are totally independent!

In what way are the Trust connected to the club, other than to hold the odd meeting there or put up a gazebo in the grounds?

Are any club directors or officials on the Trust board?

Do the club have any say in the running or decision making of the Trust?

Did the club have any influence in setting up the Trust?

L

Lee Jameson

You used the words "other then" so by your own omission they have a connection and are not totally independent!

You also fail to grasp that the Trusts has to connect with the club and can it main totally independent. One day the Trust might own the club.

Oh I am we'll aware of how the Trust was established my dear man!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
So the basis of your argument that the Trust isn't independent is because they have a connection with the club??? Just like every 'independent' organisation on the planet then.

Well this is getting us nowhere. And for that reason, I'm out!