PASB Election - candidate Tony Hooper/Cholwell | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASB Election - candidate Tony Hooper/Cholwell

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Tony

Please see my reply to Tim on the latest statement from the AFT.

Re your comments of silence from some PASB Candidates - this election has been organised by the club and there is nothing the candidates can do to change it. If they are voted on and do not wish to take up their seats in protest that would only, possibly, bring on another election and more delays.

Regards

Alan Barry
PASB Candidate
Green+ Member
AFT Member No 622

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Semaphore05":25cd6g2j said:
Tony

Please see my reply to Tim on the latest statement from the AFT.

Re your comments of silence from some PASB Candidates - this election has been organised by the club and there is nothing the candidates can do to change it. If they are voted on and do not wish to take up their seats in protest that would only, possibly, bring on another election and more delays.

Regards

Alan Barry
PASB Candidate
Green+ Member
AFT Member No 622

Hi Alan

I have read your reply to Tims post as suggested. A bit of a curates egg to be honest.

I would argue the election was initiated by the club, it is then up to each candidate to articulate their own message. In my view, too many have failed to bother and in doing so have treated the fans with contempt.

Sadly, I shouldnt think that would change in future elections. None of this augers well for the PASB and more importantly, fans representation in general and scrutiny of the Board in particular.

Still, this time tomorrow, it will be......................10 minutes to half time :greensmile:

T

Tim Chown

tonycholwell":g14stfs9 said:
Personally, Im not against the 8 remaining candidates going forward

That would effectively declare the election void, but putting the 8 or 9 original candidates forward is one of the two options those organising the election have before them.

The disappointing thing here is that in an election process to establish a body for which transparency and accountability should be amongst the most important principles, there has been precious little evidence of those principles in that process.

If better candidate engagement is desired, give them more words to use in their statements, create a web area where more information can be found, hold a hustings a reasonable time after candidate statements are posted out, and provide a way for fans to ask questions of the candidates via the election organisers.

Those things can I'm sure be done better next time around. Meanwhile, I'm confident the PASB will move forward constructively soon enough. We now also have an example terms of reference from another club's Supporters/Supervisory Board to draw on. Agreeing such terms with the club should be a high priority.

There's a game tomorrow too btw... a chance for our first back-to-back league wins since, well, a long time ago!

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Tim Chown":281d0t4w said:
tonycholwell":281d0t4w said:
Personally, Im not against the 8 remaining candidates going forward

That would effectively declare the election void, but putting the 8 or 9 original candidates forward is one of the two options those organising the election have before them.

The disappointing thing here is that in an election process to establish a body for which transparency and accountability should be amongst the most important principles, there has been precious little evidence of those principles in that process.

If better candidate engagement is desired, give them more words to use in their statements, create a web area where more information can be found, hold a hustings a reasonable time after candidate statements are posted out, and provide a way for fans to ask questions of the candidates via the election organisers.

Those things can I'm sure be done better next time around. Meanwhile, I'm confident the PASB will move forward constructively soon enough. We now also have an example terms of reference from another club's Supporters/Supervisory Board to draw on. Agreeing such terms with the club should be a high priority.

There's a game tomorrow too btw... a chance for our first back-to-back league wins since, well, a long time ago!

My previous post noted tomorrows game:) Throughout all the nonesense of recent times we should never lose sight we are all meant to be fans of OUR football club and our community is based on supporting the team and Club however we wish to define that.

Whilst agreeing about hustings I think it is up to candidates to get off their backsides and engage with fans rather than the other way around. If they cant get up and do/say something it beggars belief what they are capable of on the PASB, or not as the case may be. It should be recognised the internet is only part of the ttools available and over reliance will lead to grreater apathy.

I personally welcome the day this forum is closed down and we can all return to the front page.

T

Tim Chown

tonycholwell":2wmq207a said:
I personally welcome the day this forum is closed down and we can all return to the front page.

Yes, much better coverage there.

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
I do intensely dislike the way in which fora such as these are used to damn those that don't use them, but by & large whether we do is up to each of us as individuals.

However, I very strongly believe that 'deducing' incapability of people not present to undertake a future role yet to be defined, is by some distance, a step too far. To publicly state it about people who are potentially, colleagues of the future concerns me on a number of different levels.

My view of candidates - as ever for what it's worth - is that they (we!) should be displaying the sort of behaviours & values that we expect our club to. For me this includes politeness & courtesy.

My suggestion is that if we can't, we should keep quiet; particularly when the point at hand revolves around some ridiculous hypothesis.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
JonB":2sj2g2iq said:
I do intensely dislike the way in which fora such as these are used to damn those that don't use them, but by & large whether we do is up to each of us as individuals.

However, I very strongly believe that 'deducing' incapability of people not present to undertake a future role yet to be defined, is by some distance, a step too far. To publicly state it about people who are potentially, colleagues of the future concerns me on a number of different levels.

My view of candidates - as ever for what it's worth - is that they (we!) should be displaying the sort of behaviours & values that we expect our club to. For me this includes politeness & courtesy.

My suggestion is that if we can't, we should keep quiet; particularly when the point at hand revolves around some ridiculous hypothesis.

Was that aimed at me Jon? If Yes, just as well I damned those who have failed to engage by any additional means than 100 words on a ballot paper and not just on here.

I think you are too sensitive:) We know within certain margins what is expected of us and if people did not, why stand?

Values? For me plain speaking and having purpose top the list, ofcourse, it is good to be polite in doing so, which is what I always try to maintain. Firstly, if I wish to make a point I politely address it to the person by name in the case of individuals.

My suggestion is that although coming from different positions we should all be Argyle fans and want the best for our club, so say what it is you want and how you will arrive at it. Keeping quiet has virtuees at times but often is an excuse for laziness.

I look forward to the PASB if we are both elected/selected as I am confident in our own way we will ensure we get our point across for the common good. In doing so I hope we take time to listen to the contra view.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who voted for me in the election. I would also like to thank all my opponents, both successful and those not so.I would also like to thank all those who supported me and made it possible for a truly Independent candidate to win.

I hope after all the teething problems of the last 6 months we can get on and serve the fans of the club we all love, Plymouth Argyle.”

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Tony, your first action upon winning a plac eon the PASB board was to try and start a site war beetween ATD and Pasoti, as you feel wronged by ATD. The use of such sensitive subject matter in such a matter was also deeply unpleasant, and to use such language and imagry to inflame the situation was regrettable at best. How do you intend to serve ALL Argyle fans with behaviour like this?

You have put your personal ill feeling ahead of your repsonsability as a fans representative. Please resign.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Womble":2618ev1k said:
Tony, your first action upon winning a plac eon the PASB board was to try and start a site war beetween ATD and Pasoti, as you feel wronged by ATD. The use of such sensitive subject matter in such a matter was also deeply unpleasant, and to use such language and imagry to inflame the situation was regrettable at best. How do you intend to serve ALL Argyle fans with behaviour like this?

You have put your personal ill feeling ahead of your repsonsability as a fans representative. Please resign.

Womble

A few points:

1. This is something I feel deeply about and have suffered a ban as a result of it before on Pasoti (my only ever ban!)

2. I wrote to the site moderators first before going furtherr only when they failed to act.

3. You are corrct, the subject matter is offensive and all people should be looking to end it.

4. Womble people who voted for me knew I would be forthright and I will continue to be, so sorry to disappoint you.

5. Have you written to the Mods on that site and asked for the offending material to be taken off?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Womble":iq22du4e said:
You are using the abuse of children to your own personal political ends. I sm sickened. Vile orportunism.

So you have learnt nothing.

I feel sorry for you Womble, you either think it acceptable to make jokes at the expence of abused children or you do not.

Its that simple. Nothing to do with politics, what you find acceptable.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Tony, rick and dave tell saville jokes at thr fan fests, with kids therr. What do you intend to do to put a stop to this? You either thinks its ok or you dont.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Womble":3nodogvr said:
Tony, rick and dave tell saville jokes at thr fan fests, with kids therr. What do you intend to do to put a stop to this? You either thinks its ok or you dont.

I'm with you all the way Womble, but you're wasting your breath. People will have drawn their own conclusions from what he posted this afternoon.

He's brought PASB into disrepute, and shown himself for what he is.

I wonder how many of the voters who helped him limp over the finishing line still wish him to still represent him.