Our attack | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our attack

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
We need to get something going up front for the last two games.
OK, we have had a very good run of 7 points from our last 4 games under Dewsnip and Nance. But it has to be said that our attacking potency has gone down to a very low level. Hardie in particular has been worryingly ineffective lately and should not have started today in my view, and Whittaker is completely out of sorts. Mumba doesn’t look like threatening the goal. Waine looks the part and should have started today in my view, but doesn’t look a real threat on goal. Bundu currently looks the most dangerous.
We can’t afford to go into the last 2 games trying to play without a viable attacking force, which really is what we saw against Stoke today.
To be quite honest I would consider starting with Scarr up front as a target man to win headers, and see if that can turn things around a bit. No-one else up front can win the ball in the air, and our passing movements going forwards are almost all breaking down before we get a shot away.
We certainly need to change something.

Honestly? 😮

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Morgs 20M transfer?

What if he decides to stay?

Then I’d be happy.

Bring in 3/4 quality additions in the summer and we could stake a claim for challenging in the top half of the table.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Maybe the money didn’t or isn’t coming in one big lump.

I’m sure I remember the club saying, it will get paid has a normal transaction and be all in one lump sum

Aug 30, 2006
In my opinion we should play 4-2-3-1 with Whittaker in the middle of the 3.
Playing him out wide (so wide) isolates him and he goes missing then has to try too hard.
He's too lightweight to play centrally...cant tackle and isn't strong enough, also he is easy to read when he cuts inside. Both Callum Wright and Alfie Devine are better suited to this role. It's clear and why we missed Forshaw the minute he was subbed off at Stoke!
Watch Finn Azzaz against Leeds last evening for a masterclass in turning defence into attack, that's not Morgs i'm afraid.

May 28, 2015
The centre of the pitch is much more packed and Morgan’s touch isn’t good enough to keep the ball in there. He’s not going to drop deep to get the ball and then sprint forward to go and join Hardie as azaz used to. He’s far too lazy and not willing to create chances and unless that changes for me he will never be a prem player. I know he’s playing in a poor team but his touch is frequently dreadful, he mis places so many passes and is far to greedy, he also has no blistering pace and as already mentioned doesn’t work hard. Unless he gets the ball in the final third he comes cross as not interested. My personal opinion and it will be hugely unpopular but we would be a better TEAM without him. His goals have been crucial and without him we would be down but a club with no money I don’t think we can afford to have a player like that in the team as generally we have the poorer set of players and with him we are generally playing with 10. Different levels I know but I think back to Graham Carey and how good his work rate was off the ball and he would make stuff happen for other people aswell. That’s the kind of player we need, if we don’t have the ball he will go and get it. I’d rather sell Whittaker and buy 6 hard working championship quality players

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I remember remarking back in November i think, what a wake up call it was at Coventry, when they brought Ellis Simms off the bench, a player they paid £6 million for.
Hardie has barely had a rest and just been run into the ground, he looks like a man that doesn't want to see a football for 6-8 weeks. That leaves us with very little option. I feel Freddie has been under used, nothing more annoying for a defence late in the game to have a livewire teenager darting around.
Whoever we play now, its a bit late for experiments.

Reactions: philevs
Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Its a great time to change things IMO.
Currently the setup and team is flogging a dead horse.
Players are frustrated and tired.
Changes will make those coming in and those dropped hungry.

Whats the worst that can happen? We cant score so end of the day do something different 🤷

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Whats the worst that could happen?
We could play the young kids now, lose both games, get relegated and they would likely bare the brunt of frustration and feel responsible. Now that shouldn't happen, but reasoning/common sense doesn't allows go hand in hand with football supporters who are frustrated at a highly tense part of the season.

Jul 12, 2016
Whats the worst that could happen?
We could play the young kids now, lose both games, get relegated and they would likely bare the brunt of frustration and feel responsible. Now that shouldn't happen, but reasoning/common sense doesn't allows go hand in hand with football supporters who are frustrated at a highly tense part of the season.
But you could argue that playing the same knackered players could be a big mistake with the same outcome.
I ‘d give Issaka and Roberts a chance off the bench.

Sep 28, 2022
The worst could happen regardless of whether the kids are picked or not. We haven't looked like scoring for match after match. How the heck we got 3 points against Leicester is beyond a dream!.Our midfield has also been dreadful for the last few games, not only with regards to shielding the defence but also with regards to no control of the midfield area whatsoever, hence our desperate struggles. If we do manage to stay up it will be down to probably Huddersfield and Birmingham failing miserably. Fingers crossed on that front.

• Applaud
Reactions: oldage

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
But you could argue that playing the same knackered players could be a big mistake with the same outcome.
I ‘d give Issaka and Roberts a chance off the bench.
That could and probably should have happened 10-12 games ago.

Oct 5, 2013
Honestly? 😮
Yes, honestly! (given our repetitive lack of goal threat recently the way we have been playing).
Certainly we should have tried putting Scarr up front against Stoke once we looked so inept at mounting any sort of attacking play, with our attempted playing out from the back thwarted and our being reduced to humping long balls forward, why not at least give this a go when we are 2-0 down like that?!

Jul 12, 2016
Yes, honestly! (given our repetitive lack of goal threat recently the way we have been playing).
Certainly we should have tried putting Scarr up front against Stoke once we looked so inept at mounting any sort of attacking play, with our attempted playing out from the back thwarted and our being reduced to humping long balls forward, why not at least give this a go when we are 2-0 down like that?!
To be honest I would even try Hazard up front if it helped to score a goal!

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
To be honest I would even try Hazard up front if it helped to score a goal!

Indeed. Lets just put someone up front that is tall, but is potentially one of the worst at our club in terms of actually footballing skill with their feet. This is professional football. :rolleyes:

Oct 5, 2013
Indeed. Lets just put someone up front that is tall, but is potentially one of the worst at our club in terms of actually footballing skill with their feet. This is professional football. :rolleyes:
That’s exactly the point though, trying to play football with our feet isn’t working, so let’s try with a target man up front who is good with his head, at least for part of any game that we may need to.
Centre backs often make decent centre forwards, because they know the runs that are needed to make spaces, through having to mark them up the whole time.

Reactions: oldage