Orient = Stevenage #2. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Orient = Stevenage #2.

Aug 10, 2006
oddball":1y2nsi1b said:
I've always associated Leyton Orient as a good footballing side who play the game in the right spirit,not the cheating load of barstewards that I saw last night,with every time wasting tactic being employed by the goalkeeper right through to their physio.Absolutely disgusted.
perhap's they decided to mix it up a bit last couple of game's as result's prior to that not that great.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Always sort of had a soft spot for Orient (name / underdog / strange shirt designs)
Not any more based on last night. Cynical to a man and topped off by a sickening challenge that has no place in football. Not clumsy, not naive, premeditated and cowardly.

C

Cobi Budge.

"Never known a home crowd to bitch, moan and boo as much as Plymouth's did last night.

Orient didn't time waste"

Above is from the Orient forum, clearly whoever wrote that wasn't there.

In all honesty, I don't blame Orient at all, clever play. I blame the ref for letting it happen.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":qjfdfqgo said:
I know I'm in a minority, but I loved the game last night. It had loads of proper football things in it. Including a ref we could all shout at!

I wasn't happy with our performance like I have been in away games but I thought we gave it all we had and it was a proper cut and thrust game.

Minority of one I would imagine. My idea of entertainment is not watching is being out played by a mediocre League 2 side. The ref was poor but make no mistake that was not the reason why we could(should?) have lost that game. We were lacking in confidence nobody taking responsibility and out muscled all over the pitch. Yes they were physical but this is League Two what do you expect?
If Orient had been more positive instead of showing us too much respect they could have won that.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
up_the_line":1fvqvr6g said:
Always sort of had a soft spot for Orient (name / underdog / strange shirt designs)
Not any more based on last night. Cynical to a man and topped off by a sickening challenge that has no place in football. Not clumsy, not naive, premeditated and cowardly.

Whenever I found myself in Stratford I always used to walk up and watch Leyton Orient of a Saturday. Never saw them play like that before. .(mind you they had a good manager in Russell Slade)...I don't like what I saw last night.They won't win many friends playing like that on the road this season,which I find disappointing. There you go.

C

Cobi Budge.

up_the_line":8g8wapsi said:
Cobi Budge.":8g8wapsi said:
I don't blame Orient at all, clever play. I blame the ref for letting it happen.

Simpson's challenge was clever was it?

I wasn't talking about Simpson's horrific challenge.

I was talking about Orient's clever time wasting, which the ref failed to control.

Aug 2, 2011
All teams slow play, waste time and generally play the dark arts including PAFC. However Orient were a dirty team who happily wasted time at every possible occasion. They were assisted by either a totally incompetent ref or one who was blatantly biased. We were poor however their behaviour was disgusting. I can only hope that they have a really crap rest of the season.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PRESTO":2i7t5xsq said:
All teams slow play, waste time and generally play the dark arts including PAFC. However Orient were a dirty team who happily wasted time at every possible occasion. They were assisted by either a totally incompetent ref or one who was blatantly biased. We were poor however their behaviour was disgusting. I can only hope that they have a really crap rest of the season.

Get used to it. Word will get around that Argyle are at their best when they can dictate the play to being fast and slick. If teams can break up the pace of the game and press high, especially on the defenders then they will frustrate, not only the team but the crowd as well. Orient did this perfectly until the last ten minutes. Only then did Argyle manage to finally impose their game upon the match and they could very well have stolen a victory. Visiting teams will not be concerned that the paying Green Army have been deprived of entertainment. Their only aim will be a point or three.